General As quick as that

Currently reading:
General As quick as that

Deckchair5

Whaddya mean too old?
Quite scary really, watched a motorcyclist die yesterday. He was right next to me in the Stilo, in the right hand lane at traffic lights. 4 seconds later he was dead.
Lights turned green, off he went, passed the lights, misjudged and clipped an oncoming van, lost control, down and that was it

I was there in seconds but he must have died instantly. I thought we might get lucky as there was a passing ambulance we waved down but he'd already gone. About 48 years old apparently so no boy racer but just as quick as that, living- dead

So be careful- it's as quick as that

Quite scary really, watched a motorcyclist die yesterday. He was right next to me in the Stilo, in the right hand lane at traffic lights. 4 seconds later he was dead.
Lights turned green, off he went, passed the lights, misjudged and clipped an oncoming van, lost control, down and that was it

I was there in seconds but he must have died instantly. I thought we might get lucky as there was a passing ambulance we waved down but he'd already gone. About 48 years old apparently so no boy racer but just as quick as that, living- dead

So be careful- it's as quick as that

Sh!t... that's terrible Decks. It's amazing how quickly things can happen, one second you're going about your normal business and then the next moment... :eek:

I hope that you're doing okay after having witnessed it and my sincere condolences to his family.

we will all go someday :) at least he didn't suffer.. Still, it is inexcusable to take higher risk if you've a family and/or kids to worry about

The other thing is if it wasn't a van that he hit but
a small family car, he could have taken the occupants
of the on coming vehicle with him as well.

Plus the trauma caused to the van driver, it's something
which will haunt him for the rest of his life and may be
yourself so talk it though with people if it does.

John

Not a nice thing to witness that Decks :(

I witnessed a nasty crash when I was a lot younger involving a fatality and lots of blood.

A few miles after leaving the scene I went into shock - which is not funny whilst driving.

Thanks Guys, I'm fine.

It's all the police and witness reports now - 6 pages for something that took 4 seconds

I remember looking at the guys back tyre when he was stationary alongside and thinking "big, chunky tread tyre" and apparently, so the police told me, he'd only immediately prior, had them fitted. A factor? Trying them out? Who knows. They certainly don't have anywhere like normal grip when brand new and need running in, particularly on the tyre edges on m/cycles

Last edited:
Back