Technical Are Your Headlights Bright Enough?

Currently reading:
Technical Are Your Headlights Bright Enough?

Morning everyone
Just a quick, belated note to say thank you for the advise regarding the headlight bulbs. I opted for the Ring Xenon Ultima and they have made a huge difference. They claim up to a 120% improvement and whilst I couldn't say they are more than twice as bright as I had, they are certainly a huge improvement on the standard bulbs so I can definitely recommend them.
Cheers all

Jeez, have we not all go something better to argue about?

Everyone knew what everyone else was referring to - HID lamps, Gas Discharge or the colloquialism of 'Xenons'. Isn't that the whole point of language, to allow people to converse and understand each other?

Go drive your cars and argue about something worthwhile! :slayer:

did you just tell everyone off !!! :)

Xenon has indeed become the term for HIDs, it has enough momentum that not many people know what HID is, following from a website somewhere.... technically the 2nd sentence overrides the 1st, but we all understand, I'll go press the gas pedal now...

HID lights and HID xenon lights are the same thing. Both employ the inert gas, xenon, as the primary gas that replaces the filament in high intensity discharge light bulbs. Some halogen headlights use xenon for a bluish hue. The distinguishing feature of HID lights is their elimination of the filament necessary in halogen and other traditional light bulbs. This gives HID lights their green advantages: greater illumination, lower power consumption and longer bulb life.

It will get more complicated when HID units are filled with gas other then xenon :devil:

Back