anyone up in aberdeen can do rear axel bushes on a stilo multi wagon HELP!

Currently reading:
anyone up in aberdeen can do rear axel bushes on a stilo multi wagon HELP!

derekwatt5

As the title says! im looking for some help up here in aberdeen! does anyone no if thier is any good garages or indivdual that would be able to replace my rear axel bushes!

i have been given silly prices!

any help thanks

hi and thanx!!

two prices! i have! first £480+vat next £430+mat+vat and both prices as est! both garages said it would depend on other factors but that would be a min!

On the Stilo, it's apparently meant to be an absolute pig of a job. Almost all that quote WILL be labour, no doubt about that. Rough rate of £60 an hour plus VAT and given the parts are relatively cheap, you can see where the money goes. I do know of some people who've DIY'd it via FF and such, but you basically need some kind of press to get the new bushes in and even then it's not easy. Of course, that's after you've had fun removing the old ones. If memory serves, I'm sure a blow torch was involved :D

Saying that though, if it's needing new bushes, the handling should be transformed once it's done :)

hi guys!

thanks for your replys! its off in to fiat on monday night to get done! tues! and yes it is a pig of a job! not one to takle on the drive!!

fiat have all the special tooling to do it! BUT wait! fiat price to do it

5 hours x £42
2 bushes = £42
plus vat = £302.47

so stuff it they can do it!

shocked at the price they gave me! but they say they do them alot!

Back