General Anyone Buying a Secondhand Car?

Currently reading:
General Anyone Buying a Secondhand Car?

Yep Dunstable! postcode lu55bj I'm not too concerned about crawling all over and around it, just a confirmation that it is what it is and has no obvious faults on driving it. Seller said they would contact me when it's MOT'd. It would be nice tohavea second opinion though!
If I drive down to see it I won't be tempted to buy it just because I don't want to spend 6hrs coming home on a train.
I will certainly detour to yours for a cuppa though ;)
I was meant to have two days off this week bu have worked half of today and going to sunny Bradford tomorrow - I know - living the dream!

I'll help if I can - at least I've got something to compare it to, and mine seems to drive nicely. Red isn't really my colour & there are plenty of scraggy bits on mine, but I'm already quite fond of it & it's proved itself last weekend - would I swap, dunno..... :confused:

The 4x4 is still in the mix (awaiting to hear from the vendor) but I am going to see this one on Thursday :

alessi.JPG

I've put in an offer via ebay and had it accepted on condition of a satisfactory test drive.

Only problem is it's in Cambridge and that's a long way from home if I don't like it enough to buy it.
Palio I think the reg is a056 xwv but the .gov site didn't recognise it!

It's a trade in from a volvo garage so I think it will be legit - otherwise I'll be driving the worlds most conspicuous stolen panda!

The 4x4 is still in the mix (awaiting to hear from the vendor) but I am going to see this one on Thursday :

alessi.JPG

I've put in an offer via ebay and had it accepted on condition of a satisfactory test drive.

Only problem is it's in Cambridge and that's a long way from home if I don't like it enough to buy it.
Palio I think the reg is a056 xwv but the .gov site didn't recognise it!

It's a trade in from a volvo garage so I think it will be legit - otherwise I'll be driving the worlds most conspicuous stolen panda!

It's AO56XWV - did you put a zero in rather than O? :idea: Came up when I tried it. (y)

Let me know if you want to hpi it, and I'll dig out the info you need. (y)

Ahh yes did the zero confusion thingy :doh:

Don't really think it's worth using a HPi check up on it really - maybe for the 4x4 though?

I was thinking I'm half way there at Cambridge so I could pop and see the 4x4!

Get the kettle on Gavin!

HPI check is now used (y) I'm glad it came in useful for someone on here, even if they didn't buy a Fiat! :nono:

:)

Gavin,
I.O.U pint of lager or else.
Just to report that acquisition has been finalise this afternoon.

Thanks to my new 325bhp daily estate i'm just wondering now did that mobile speed camera took pics of me on A64 on the way back? 70mph + 10% + 4% speedo keeps me still within legal limit - just wonder what was the measurment distance and limit set on camera itself? I was doing 78mph when noticed. It should be clear within 14 days. If any NIP issued is it gona go to me or previous owner? as the V5C still not being at DVLA?

Gavin,
I.O.U pint of lager or else.
Just to report that acquisition has been finalise this afternoon.

Thanks to my new 325bhp daily estate i'm just wondering now did that mobile speed camera took pics of me on A64 on the way back? 70mph + 10% + 4% speedo keeps me still within legal limit - just wonder what was the measurment distance and limit set on camera itself? I was doing 78mph when noticed. It should be clear within 14 days. If any NIP issued is it gona go to me or previous owner? as the V5C still not being at DVLA?

No problem - I'm glad you could make use of it. (y)

The like wasn't for the speed camera bit by the way!! Hopefully it wasn't switched on, or was set at something sensible - you can never tell these days. :( It would go to the registered keeper, who will then grass you up (sorry, state that you were the driver) - there could be a bit of confusion if the ownership changed that day & it would be difficult to prove who it was if its not taken a pic of the driver - I don't know what would happen if everyone denied it or said they couldn't tell who was driving without a clear photo - interesting hypothetical situation, but I suspect it would get pinned on the keeper & might get dropped by the CPS if he disputed it. :shrug:

Back