Any idea what price range i would be paying for these repairs?

Currently reading:
Any idea what price range i would be paying for these repairs?

jigga2004

Hi, i have just purchased my new punto. Its my first car, however im not sure if i have found a bargain. It is: Car was purchased for 1100.

Punto 1.2 (standard)
02 reg.
5 doors
needs new headlight
44,000 mileage.
drivers seatbelt needs replacing
Bonnet needs a respray, due to black showing through the orange paintwork due to a poor previous paintwork job.

The car was involved in a cat c, but apart from that it drives perfect, and is in good condition.
Mot expires in may.

Also does anybody know how much i would be looking to pay roughly for the following repairs:

1. new seatbelt on drivers side (someone told me i can only order new parts via fiat, not any old garage.

2. Brand new headlight.

3. Respray of the bonnet.

Or am i better off just selling it. I wonder i could make a profit in its current condition on ebay, autotrader etc?

Thanks in advance guys.

£99 for seatbelt from fiats i got qouted on one of them. jus go 2nd hand haha

Hi Jigga

I dont understand :confused::confused:

Has the car been in 2 accidents then?

Was it a Cat C and then repaired. and since been bumped again.
If so your log book under the special notes section, SHOULD say something along the lines of, vehicle has suffered damage and was deemed an insurance loss.
You may possibly also have a (VOSA) V,I,C certificate confirming the car has been tested and passed an identity check.

Or has it only been half repaired. As If it has been classified as a Cat C then it WILL need a VIC test and you won't get a logbook in your name or be able to tax it until it has.

Has the seat belt pulled tight. In which case the seatbelt pretensioner has fired and will need a new one. If so is the airbag light on?
If so will need a new airbag ecu or the existing one resetting.

Don't buy a new headlight. Get to a scrapyard and get your bits from there although some of the seatbelt components should be new. But that is your call. (y)

Hope this helps. :)

Back