Technical Anti Theft System Faulty

Currently reading:
Technical Anti Theft System Faulty

Instructorcon

Hi There

Ulysse 2.0jtd 04 Elaganza

Parked up my Ulysse, and was working fine, no problems at all, a very cold spell came in, did not turn over for a few days, went to start and no power in Battery, changed battery, now full power but engine only turn over, NOT START. The central locking system ok, remote and with key in door, all lights on dash ok.

Left it over night again and came bk to have another look, still no change, only that it is now telling me that the Anti-Theft system is faulty, ok before the cold spell now this. Has anyone any ideas please, or is it a fiat job? seems to me the immobilizer stopping it. It fires occassionally but only a very short burst.

Please help.

Last edited:
Try disconnecting the battery for a few hours to re-set everything, then re connect and leave for 10 minutes, when the doors lock and unlock with the remote try to start, If it is attempting to start may be a heater plug problem.

Your problem lies within the fuse box situated under the bonnet at the drivers side. Remove the lid and you will find that water has got into the fuse box and corroded (not badly) the half dozen fuses at the top of the box. Remove each fuse, clean and give a spray of WD40 to the fuse holders, replace and hey presto.
Let me know how you go on

Brian

Hi There

Ulysse 2.0jtd 04 Elaganza

Parked up my Ulysse, and was working fine, no problems at all, a very cold spell came in, did not turn over for a few days, went to start and no power in Battery, changed battery, now full power but engine only turn over, NOT START. The central locking system ok, remote and with key in door, all lights on dash ok.

Left it over night again and came bk to have another look, still no change, only that it is now telling me that the Anti-Theft system is faulty, ok before the cold spell now this. Has anyone any ideas please, or is it a fiat job? seems to me the immobilizer stopping it. It fires occassionally but only a very short burst.

Please help.

Thanks for the replies guys, tried your digger but with no success, shall try yours brian next, shall let you know.

Many thanks

Hi again, tried the fuse box, absolutly bone dry, no corrosion on fuses or in box. The warning message is not coming on anymore, but the engine still wants to fire and start, its sounds as though it has no fuel, but i know there is ample in the tank.

Any more suggestions please.

Regards
Andy

Last edited:
Now checked supply of fuel to filter and pump is ok, is there a way to check the glow plugs before replacing them ?

Regards

Andy

If it was me I would try a squirt of cold start into the air intake. If it starts could be glow plugs, if it doesn`t could be immobilizer. Normally it will start any engine with faulty glowplugs or bad compression. Good luck, Brian.

:confused: Just to check: if you lock the car wait couple minutes unlock and open the car door quick can you hear the fuel pump ticking?
Is "engine immobiliser" coming up on the display? If no ticking the fuel pump aint running car will never fire up but will turn over all day long (well till the battery goes flat).Three poss causes 1. water in the fuse box drivers side 6"x6" square (only way to be sure remove and split open)
2. fuel pump failed (rare)
3.immobiliser on due to water in box or key needs to be remarried (simple job can do it) see https://www.fiatforum.com/ulysse/140165-engine-imobiliser-fault.html

Hi, and still not solved.

Fuel Pump working Fine
No display of imobilizer fault
no display of any faults
Turns over well with charged battery
Fuse box dry and no corrosion

Any more ideas please

Andy

Here we go again.

Had the aa out, could not start, thought it could be starter moter, drawing to much power, not spining enough, so towed to garage to join my other ulysse (complete failure while driving) anyway changed the motor, no different but the garage tried a few things and came up with, the cambelt has slipped a few notches, possibly by the continuous turning of the starter while in cold conditions (shock), replaced belt, and yes, you guessed it, damanged valve in cylinder 4, all i need, not looking at prices and not happy.

Can the head be removed without taking the engine out?

Andy

Back