General Annoying niggles

Currently reading:
General Annoying niggles

Mr Lovedog

I love my 1.9 GP SPORTING. However there are two annoying niggles spoiling things.

1) Clicking spring on clutch pedal

When ever I press the clutch pedal down, more than 3/4 of the way down, I get a very annoying clicking noise from the pedal springs.

I can get around the annoying sound by not pressing the pedal down that far, but occasionly I press it down too far.

Any suggestions to sort this out would be great.

2) Peeling steering wheel

The shiney coating on the leather steering wheels has started peeling off at approx the 2 o'clock position. It looks unsightly, so would like to cover it up some how.

I have looked at steering wheel covers, however the raised thumb grips on the steering wheel may make one look rubbish.

Again any suggestions for this would be great.

Cheers

Mr L

i have the same peeling wheel problem except my wheel is peeling all across the top where i dont even put my hands?!!
Also i have the same clicking spring problem except mine is when i lift my foot of the clutch :(
Poor build quality i guess!

I have got the same problem, my steering wheel is peeling at the 2 pm position. It isn't leather It's pleather, that steering wheel has never seen a cow hide. Seems very poor quality mine started to go at 25k miles.

Guys you dont get top quality anything in budget cars... they dont just build them at cost & sell them below cost, they source parts from "competitive manufacturers" They wont last for ever, apparently they wont last long but most have seen out their Warranties which covers Fiats position & their Dealerships. No idea how much it would cost, but if you love the cars how about getting some quotes for professional re-leathering in quality hide?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back