General Annoying continuous beeping

Currently reading:
General Annoying continuous beeping

herm202

I have a fiat Ulysse, Eleganza model with a Fiat combined cd/sat-nav and computer system. It has a very annoying intermittent habit of beeping, I can’t get it to stop other than by turning off the ignition, removing the keys and waiting about 5 minutes. The dealer I bought it from (under warranty) gleefully informed me that it is not covered by the warranty!

Anyone got any ideas on how to solve this? This is the first Fiat I have owned and although it sounds like a little thing it drives anyone in the car nuts.

herm202:confused:
(with a ringing in my ears!)

I had this a while ago,no idea what caused it,didnt know what it was trying to warn me about and was really distracting on the journey.
Didnt re-occur, but think its a pain not being able to turn these beeps off.
I swear my next car will be much less sophisticated than this one.

I have a fiat Ulysse, Eleganza model with a Fiat combined cd/sat-nav and computer system. It has a very annoying intermittent habit of beeping, I can’t get it to stop other than by turning off the ignition, removing the keys and waiting about 5 minutes. The dealer I bought it from (under warranty) gleefully informed me that it is not covered by the warranty!

Anyone got any ideas on how to solve this? This is the first Fiat I have owned and although it sounds like a little thing it drives anyone in the car nuts.

herm202:confused:
(with a ringing in my ears!)
Hi,I have got a 04 Ulysses with same problem could you let me know if you ever got it sorted and how

I had this for a while and it is really annoying. If you haven't got the latest software then download it from www.eurovan2.com and follow the instructions under the tips section. I did this with our dealer (I gave him a copy of the software as they didn't have it yet) and the problem never came back.

It is probably a software glitch or the radio serial number is not matched with the body computer.

Good luck.

HI

I've just bought a fiat ulysse and discovered that the combined radio/cd/nav etc system is faulty. Everything works bar the radio.

I've been told I can get a new radio head unit but this will need to have the car chassis number configured into the new head unit otherwise it will keep beeping.

Does anyone know how to do this?

This is the classic nightmare scene, there are different types of units for a start, N1 and N3 if you have a monocrome screen, do you have mono of colour screen?. The unit will have to be coded to the chassis number in any case. If you PM me I will give you the details of a very good guy in London. I have been through all of this and it took me 6 months to get it sorted. Take out the unit and see what is written on the sticker, that at least will tell you which unit you need. Also have a look at www.pavlek.de I don't read or speak German but I believe they may be able to repair your old unit.(y)(y)

Back