Styling Angel Eyes Fitted.

Currently reading:
Styling Angel Eyes Fitted.

Fitted the black angel eyes to my grande punto and the light they emit is DANGEROUSLY LOW. Going to have to have them re-alligned or something because I will end up in a ditch :rolleyes:
The halo's are also very dull, I was expecting to be able to see them in the day.. which is a dissapointment.

Anyyywayyy - was wondering if anyone knew what the fuse rating was for the GP headlamps (2007 Grande Punto Sporting)

Cheers very much in advance,
Olz.

Last edited:
Fitted the black angel eyes to my grande punto and the light they emit is DANGEROUSLY LOW. Going to have to have them re-alligned or something because I will end up in a ditch :rolleyes:
The halo's are also very dull, I was expecting to be able to see them in the day.. which is a dissapointment.

Anyyywayyy - was wondering if anyone knew what the fuse rating was for the GP headlamps (2007 Grande Punto Sporting)

Cheers very much in advance,
Olz.

Shame about that, is the low light due to cheap/poor quality supplied bulbs? Have any pictures of the high/low beam patterns at night when facing a flat wall (preferably a few metres away from it) and the looks of the angel halos?

Is it an led or w5w/r5w bulb that runs the halos? if its an r5w or w5w maybe they can be upgraded to some zenon matching ones for a brighter whiter appearance?

The GP has a 10 amp fuse for each of the lights on the front. A separate fuse is for the left and right side of each pair giving 6 in total for:
Dipped beam
Main beam
and the Fog Lights if installed.

However it runs through 20 amp relays which switch the left and rights simultanously.

In theory the 10 amp fuses could take brighter/higher wattage bulbs if thats what ur thinking, but its pushing the boundaries and i dont know if the loom could take it.

Im looking for a light unit with separate high/low beams like the angel eyes. Did they have the electronic adjustment unit in so they can be adjusted from the dashboard?

Good luck with the realignment of the beams

I nipped straight down to halfords and replaced the bulbs with super brilliance which I had in my previous GP lights and were super bright - but its to do with the allignment, there pointing downwards too much!

They do not have the electronic leveling either (from the dash).

With regards to melting the reflector, that would only be an issue with high beam as dipped beam is a glass projector and high beam has the reflector style lamp.

Thanks for your replies - the bulbs I were looking at were rated at 20A so thats a no go ;)

They use H1's?

After alignment how would you rate the beam pattern compared to the standards?

Glad u got them sorted!

They use H1's?

After alignment how would you rate the beam pattern compared to the standards?

Glad u got them sorted!

i have angel eyes with hid kit fitted and i think the beam pattern is much better than standard will post some pictures later tonight (y) and yes the halos are very low looking at changing the bulbs so you can see them in the day ..

i have angel eyes with hid kit fitted and i think the beam pattern is much better than standard will post some pictures later tonight (y) and yes the halos are very low looking at changing the bulbs so you can see them in the day ..

Mine are still really low even after MOT station setting it up :(
They also said they would fail MOT because the beam is flat but should be "tick" shape!!

Going to be having words with ultimatestyling. Who promised that these are E marked and will pass MOT.

@98dizzard Yeah they use H1's :)

Last edited:

Thanks in advance!

From the pics ive seen the halos look quite yellowish rather that brilliant white like the led day running lights on it. You know what type of bulb they use?

The 2 sidelights are bright leds as far as i know, and are nice and white. but the halos look yellowish, like a cheapo r5w or something.

They're actually quite white - actually very white, just not very visible unless its dark.

The sidelights are more blue than anything.

I got my lights from the same people and when i got them the beams wer flat you can make them into a tick like i did. Its a screw on the back that changes the angle of the beam i can put in into a v or can have them flat its just how far the glass projector is away from the headlight bulb that changes it(y) if you get a hid kit and install that with the angel eyes they really do look smart :D
i dont know that the bulbs are for the halo but im going to try and get hold of some on the weekend and see if they make a difference...

I got my lights from the same people and when i got them the beams wer flat you can make them into a tick like i did. Its a screw on the back that changes the angle of the beam i can put in into a v or can have them flat its just how far the glass projector is away from the headlight bulb that changes it(y) if you get a hid kit and install that with the angel eyes they really do look smart :D
i dont know that the bulbs are for the halo but im going to try and get hold of some on the weekend and see if they make a difference...

Cheers buddy :)
Theres 2 screw-type things that affect the dipped beam, one which is a standard screw (with funny spikes coming off of it) and another with a large plastic hexagon around it, which is difficult to turn.

What does each one do?

Cheers buddy :)
Theres 2 screw-type things that affect the dipped beam, one which is a standard screw (with funny spikes coming off of it) and another with a large plastic hexagon around it, which is difficult to turn.

What does each one do?

dont touch the gray hexagon on that changes the beam angle. its the one thats easy to yer the screw on play about with that on untill the you get the tick shape just dont v it to much as you will blind other drivers like i did :eek: . if that doesnt work the try moving the bulb in the housing the my be place in wrong (y) let me know how it goess.

dont touch the gray hexagon on that changes the beam angle. its the one thats easy to yer the screw on play about with that on untill the you get the tick shape just dont v it to much as you will blind other drivers like i did :eek: . if that doesnt work the try moving the bulb in the housing the my be place in wrong (y) let me know how it goess.

Meh I tried that earlier in my garage and didnt do anything, think mine are shagged tbh - we'l see haha.

Take it for a drive tonight after the MOT station has tinkered with it.

i did have to send my first set back as on off the clips was broken on the inside so i couldnt change the beam level :bang: had to take the bumper off and wait for a few days as i had sold my standard lights :( but worth it now its all done

Back