and so it begins.....

Currently reading:
and so it begins.....

and it was all so promising to, good fast drive down from aylesbury to watford, then on to staples corner, over to work, cutting through a back road, braking, drop from third to second, turn in....hang on....did the clutch come back up?

****! no it didn't, i can select every gear whilst rolling, but all i'm getting no real power to the wheels, and the revs are heading to the redline.....******....

so limped it into work, and there she stays for now.....would appear i suppose that the release bearing is buggered......my patience wears thin........

I'm with Top Gear on this one. You need to own an Alfa to be a true petrol head and the pleasure is worth the pain.

And if your wondering, no I haven't yet had an Alfa. Bought a 166 2.0TS but the finance company were w*nkers so I walked away from the deal. We have a 156 in the family and my best mate has a 147 so I am close to them but as yet I have yet to experience the joy.

I'm with Top Gear on this one. You need to own an Alfa to be a true petrol head and the pleasure is worth the pain.

And if your wondering, no I haven't yet had an Alfa. Bought a 166 2.0TS but the finance company were w*nkers so I walked away from the deal. We have a 156 in the family and my best mate has a 147 so I am close to them but as yet I have yet to experience the joy.

Do it! :devil: :slayer:

and it was all so promising to, good fast drive down from aylesbury to watford, then on to staples corner, over to work, cutting through a back road, braking, drop from third to second, turn in....hang on....did the clutch come back up?

****! no it didn't, i can select every gear whilst rolling, but all i'm getting no real power to the wheels, and the revs are heading to the redline.....******....

so limped it into work, and there she stays for now.....would appear i suppose that the release bearing is buggered......my patience wears thin........

sounds like a bad place for it to happen:eek:

I'm guessing you didnt have any accidents or you would of mentioned it.

Did you panic at all?

*Chas pretends to Jai that he isn't returning to the UK on Friday after all, and is now in fact emigrated permanently*

P.S. Told you so that you should've bought that mk1 45S ;)

the fork is a common problem on the 155, it can break and jam. have a look at it.

slave and master cylinder leaks/seizing is also common. if you pull the pedal back up with your toe and it drives ok then a sticking cylinder is the problem.

Last edited:
Back