Currently reading:
General Alfa 17" alloys

Caravadossi

Established member
Missed opportunity?

Alfa Brera 17” alloys c/w Michelin tyres

eBay: 260732819783 £441

Were you the winning bidder?

Very very nice, and amazing value - pretty much brand new wheels and tyres for less than the tyres.

I wouldn't fancy cleaning them though - the chunky standard Croma 18's annoy me enough. I guess it'd be easier without the standard fit corrosion blisters and cracks though.

Identical to those I got for under £300 2 years ago, off a 159.
I can't understand why they go so cheaply, why not buy the tyres and throw the wheels away?
A very limited market for these GM fitting wheels.

Were you the winning bidder? ...

No. Tempted (as I’m on 18”) – but I didn’t try for them.

Nov maint. inc MoT was around £500, Jan Road Tax £155 & late Feb Ins predicted to be £300+. I’m no longer `young & unafraid’ – so no sooner would the Alfa landing gear be on, then fate would deal some unforseen repair hit.

I find my dream of buying an offshore island (Guernsey) isn’t viable while running the Croma.

I'm getting fed up with the 18" wheels too. I thought they were OK at first, but due to a combination of lumpier roads and me getting older every day, I'm thinking about 17s now.

I might have a hunt next time it's due for tyres. I should be able to swap front and back round as required so it wears them all to the limit, while keeping an eye out for something similar to this deal.

That will be at least a year away though - the tyres are pretty new at the moment, and I don't feel strongly enough about it to bin them.

Dave, adaptor rings to fill up the space from the older smaller Alfa bore size, but obviously you can't fit any bolts. Perhaps superglue the wheels on?

Back