Alarm Window Problem.

Currently reading:
Alarm Window Problem.

G1B50N

Hi everyone. On my Cinquecento Sporting 1.1 1996 i have a Cobra Cat 1 Alarm. One special feature is if i leave my windows down and lock up the car and activate the alarm the windows go up automatically. But i have a problem!
The Nearside window only does it sometimes if not atall, Meaning i have to unlock the car again put my key in the ignition and put the window up myself. However it does do it sometimes but only when the window is at a certain position. The window works fine when done by the window switch but wont go up with the alarm activation.
My friend said it could be a Relay or something. The alarm was fitted on the car by the previous owners. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be?

Thankyou :confused:

use silicone spray on the window runners, then it will move much more easily. do not use any oil based lubricant such as WD40.

the relay will automatically switch once the resistance in either window reaches a certain level. your window seems to be at that level from the start suggesting it requires lubrication.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. On my Cinquecento Sporting 1.1 1996 i have a Cobra Cat 1 Alarm. One special feature is if i leave my windows down and lock up the car and activate the alarm the windows go up automatically. But i have a problem!
The Nearside window only does it sometimes if not atall, Meaning i have to unlock the car again put my key in the ignition and put the window up myself. However it does do it sometimes but only when the window is at a certain position. The window works fine when done by the window switch but wont go up with the alarm activation.
My friend said it could be a Relay or something. The alarm was fitted on the car by the previous owners. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be?

Thankyou :confused:

Yes could be the window closure relay added on with alarm
Ian

Problem solved. It was a loose wire connection on the relay making it tempermental. I replaced the connection to make sure it wont happen again. Thankyou for your help everyone. :D

Back