Alarm, central locking and wiring 51reg brava

Currently reading:
Alarm, central locking and wiring 51reg brava

postmanchris

Hi all
Just bought a 51 reg Brava 1.6 sx, the car came with 2 blue keys but they don't have remotes on them ....just keys, the car has central locking but i want to operate this remotely from a key fob, i have bought a "Cyclone 300" car alarm from Ebay, but the instructions leave a lot to be desired.
Questions.
1, The Haynes Manuals only goes up to W reg and i have read that some of the wiring changed in the 2001 models is the any point in buying one.

2, Where can i get a 2001 wiring diagram

3, Can i operate the boot opening from the alarm key fob....is it mechanical or electrical

4, How do i connect to the hazard lights for the arm/disarm function

5, Where do i connect the wires for the central locking at the relay ...if so how or do i connect at the door wires

Ahh, there would have been an easier way iirc.

For £70 (or less now probably) Fiat sold a kit which had a relay and two remotes. Relay went somewhere in the fuseboard (push in), and job done. Now fitted with RCL :eek:

Not sure if they're still available? Haynes might have the wiring in, even though you reacon it changed, I doubt it was that much.

Central locking control from the alarm will need to be connected to a central locking control modual (or relay as you've refered to it), which should be somewhere in the car. Not the actuators in the doors (y)

Should connect the light flashing for the indicators off of the hazzard light switch (will ideally need a wiring dig and haynes manual (y))

Hope it all makes sence and helps. Jon.

P.s. could you post a link of the alarm from ebay, just wondering if its the same as the cyclone Alarm I fitted to one of the Panda's (y)

here are the instructions

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture2 002.jpg
    Picture2 002.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 318
  • Picture2 003.jpg
    Picture2 003.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 315
Back