Technical Airbag Light / Error Codes (not on Airbag ECU)

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag Light / Error Codes (not on Airbag ECU)

USB plays music.
USB Charges
Bluetooth connects and pairs to phone and transfers data.

Wife realsises the £400 extra we paid for this hasn't fully been utalised in the last 13 years.,

Update:

Got home last night and all lights came on during the 7 second check including A and B (pass and driver airbag) and all went off. So assuming the codes came back.

Also checked the clock milage wasnt flashing and it wasn't so assuming proxy alignment still OK,

Tested again this morning still the same as above, so leaving it for a few days. I'm not even going to put the tester on to reset any codes at the moment. Plan is to drive for a few days, keep an eye to make sure everything working. get the MOT sorted and then have another look to see if there are any codes.

Fingers crossed and thanks for all the help, really appreciate it!

Ahh bad news, wife went to supermarket. All OK came back all ok. JUst went out again and back to airbag light refer to manual. Chekced code and only B1000-49 rest and goes.

It seems when the Passenger AIbag light does a startup test it's OK. As soon as this light isn't on it's the problem, so I might need to focus on why the passegner airbag light doesn't come on.

Seems to fix itself overnight but have learnt a couple of things.

When the passenger airbag and steering wheel check light comes on they the airbag light doesn’t stay on (fixes itself)

Airbag Light stayed off even with the B1000-49 code. So I am thinking when I click clear codes it’s clearing a code the software isn’t picking up.

The only other thing I noticed is the steering airbag wheel ohms was 3 and not 3.5, but this stays constant when I turn wheel.

airbag prob.jpg

Hi no we don’t get that. Also I cleaned up all the earths and tested. Also added a jump lead as a second earth for a little while when testing.

I managed to get the light back on by not moving the car and turning ignition on and off about 4 times. I did think it might be a lose connector somewhere when the car went over a bump, but as the car wasn’t moved I do t think it’s that.

weirdest problem I have seen on a car.

I‘m hoping to get to a garage soon but have problems with the cat and some vets bills that couldn’t have come at a worse time. :/

You've probably already googled this

https://www.dtcdecode.com/FIAT/B0100-49

So the integrity of the occupant restraint controller needs the be verified. Which means "airbag computer", which you changed already... hmm Did you do proxy alignment with MES?

Fiats have stickers inside the glovebox that say the last date on which the airbag systems are to be replaced. It appears to be 20 years from the manufacture. Hopefully it all just continues working long time after the date. Otherwise these cars become very expensive to keep on the road. :unsure:

Remember to disconnect battery negative terminal before touching the airbag connectors. 💣

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Yes seen the B0100-49 - this is a B1000-49. Also when the code is there the airbag light sometimes goes off.

I have just seen an auto electriction guy and he didnt look just said it will be the ECU. Another place booked for Friday who will charge £40+vat to scan. I'm going to try one more place to see if I can get it scanned quicker. I think the problem is Fiat Softaware not finding everything on the ford.

When know now that when the car is left over night now no airbag light stays on. A little drive for 20 mins or if we switch on a few times without driving and the light is back.

HI

We took it to a garage today and they found a few codes, but was baffled as the Airbag had not faults.

They found the B1000-49 like I found.

Also:

C1005-86
C1210-86

There hunch was it's the instrument cluster.

Garage seemed to think it's the cluster.

Also seen this:

Which indicates B1005-49 cluster and airbag could be linked.
C1210-86 - ABS module is receiving invalid messages from the BCM
C1005-86- Relates to EPS, but again BCM is sending invalid messages
b1000-49 - Does not have a description, but could be related to the instrument cluster

It's a riddle. Did those additional faults appear after the airbag ecu was changed? I think it means that the BCM is not communicating correctly, which could mean that it's either faulty or needs to be reprogrammed for the new airbag ecu. Have you run "Proxy alignment"?

Hi, this was a different test device at the garage. Only one I could see with MultiECUscan was the 1000-49. The garage did say that there is no faults on the airbag ECU.

I did a proxy alignment and all OK. Also when I check to see if it needs, MultiECU says all OK Proxy not needed.

As mentioned earlier, we did have some water about 5-6 years coming in and the cluster played up with multiple lights dimmly coming on. Although it has been fine since.

Just to confuse things even more the C1005-86 could be C1605-86 as he jotted it down on a piece of paper :/

The mhh auto mentions:

Do any of you good fellows know what the repair is in the clusters?

we have had a few now that have airbag lights on always fault of

no communication with ipc
in both airbag and bcm U1703:87:0E code

B1000:49:08 in IPC which is general code for module failure

done a few checks and have 2 1k resistors that are down to .8k

They were busy and squeezed me in to do a quick test but managed to grab some pics:

Just to confirm everything seems to work OK on the car lights indicators electric windows etc.

Guessing its the cluster, but that works OK apart from the Airbag light :/ but ah the mhh forum cluster repair thread mentions he has seen a few of them it could be a problem.

Attachments

• code.jpg
    code.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3770.jpg
    IMG_3770.jpg
    582.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3771.jpg
    IMG_3771.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
That looks like 6, the 0's in the 1000 look nothing like your mystery character

And I see 2x different 6's in a similar style

Repeat question.. sorry.. but youve made a few changes :

Does this error ping.up mid.journey ?

Or basically scroll across at engine start??

That looks like 6, the 0's in the 1000 look nothing like your mystery character

And I see 2x different 6's in a similar style

Repeat question.. sorry.. but youve made a few changes :

Does this error ping.up mid.journey ?

Or basically scroll across at engine start??

Hi it comes on during the inital start up / 7 second test. It flickers once then stays on.

When we are driving, if the light hasn't come on it doesn't mid journey, but if we stop and switch on again it's normally back on.

On Friday when I went to the garage it was a cold night and I had to turn the engine 20-25 times to get the airbag light to stay on.

This morning it's mild and the light came on straight away.

OK, I think it's fixed!

So wife was driving and said airbag light was flashing a bit. This was just after I ordered a speedo cluster from ebay (£30).

This morning light was all OK (off) then it warmed up and light came on.

Cluster delivered today. When I put in I checked old and light was on. Put the new one in and light was off.

DId an error check and had a couple relating to proxy. Did a proxy realign and it was all OK. Did a check and no errors including the B1000-49.

So if any ford KA's get a B1000-49 just switch the cluster.

Just need to see if I can get the milage adjusted cheaply now. I have taken pics so we could always tell next buyer of the real milage. But as it's a 13 year old car now its not that big of a deal.

Thanks to all that contributed and helped!

Back