General Airbag failure

Currently reading:
General Airbag failure

Leeg1987

Good morning everyone I've just come out to my 07 bravo gone to start car and airbag failure warning on dash wasn't in when I parked car.just wondering if anyone knows of any solutions before I go stealers later today.

Thanks Lee

Any recent issues with battery?
In any case if the dealers tell you airbag ECU needs to be replaced (hopefully it's something more minor) , don't fall for that immediately, there are some cheaper ways to fix that.

Last edited:
Battery seems fine no issues starting got a auto electrician coming to code read it and im hoping for a reset as I'm selling car so don't want a massive bill. Could it possibly fail due to somebody tapping car while parked up their is no damage on outside of car but people arnt honest so it's possible

Last edited:
I managed to borrow a code reader but no error codes :(

Not good

Try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins to see if it clears a fault.

Just tried this now asr hill start and airbag failure iv read this means battery is goosed any way of checking it

Cheers lee

Go to someone with a version of FES or MES... they should be able to connect to your Airbag module.

You cannot get an error code because it's in a different computer than the ECU -the one regular code readers use.

If you had the battery out it's normal to have ESP/ASR/Hill holder errors... you just have to drive it a little.. and run the steering wheel from full lock right to full lock left a few times.

Go to someone with a version of FES or MES... they should be able to connect to your Airbag module.

You cannot get an error code because it's in a different computer than the ECU -the one regular code readers use.

If you had the battery out it's normal to have ESP/ASR/Hill holder errors... you just have to drive it a little.. and run the steering wheel from full lock right to full lock left a few times.

Cheers got auto electrician with all the posh bosch gear coming tomorow hopefully have it sorted

His gear is reading curtain airbag font left out of resistance range disconnected left error code for right came up

ask an airbag manufacturer

Rob, airbag manufacture advise they'll deploy in the way they've been designed to for up to 10 years, but in reality will normally be the life of the car.

Its advised to replace them 'just in case' but in reality no-one does, and 20+ year old cars still have airbags deploying correctly when required.

Back