General Airbag ecu and egr valve

Currently reading:
General Airbag ecu and egr valve

phillip1985

Hiya everyone.
I got a 58 plate 1.9 multijet 150. Just took it to a fiat dealer and they have come can and said airbag ecu needs replacing and egr valve as well. It's only done 48,000 miles, full service history. Phoned fiat up and they said they will not touch it. Iv been adviced to ring trading standards.because I have only had it year. Any advice on what I can do and how to get it fixed cheaper. Please help.

Phill

I would do the egr valve yourself, not that hard to do. However, why does it need replacing, have you lost acceleration?

How do you know that the airbag ecu needs replacing?

i can have my foot rite down and it takes for ever to pick up. and the airbag ecu fiat dealer told me today.they told me about the egr valve.

i can have my foot rite down and it takes for ever to pick up. and the airbag ecu fiat dealer told me today.they told me about the egr valve.

I had Fiat replace my airbag ECU out of warranty last year on my 59 165 Sport. It should be lasting the life of the car, apparently its £600 for the part.

U are correct things like ecu should last longer than 5 years. When they scanned the car it also said low voltage. The bloke at fiat said take battery out and put on a trickle charge. Does he mean a normal battery charger?

Back