Tuning Air Filter / Induction Kit Help..

Currently reading:
Tuning Air Filter / Induction Kit Help..

Basically I have a 1.2 Grande Punto, and I'm just debating what to do. Ideally I want my car to make a decent noise when putting the foot down but I don't want to have a new exhaust because I don't think they make the car sound too good. I know having a induction kit won't make my performance of the car better I'm only really after one to get a decent sound out of my car.

I've read through some threads on here and they havent really helped me, so I was wondering if somebody could recommend the best option for me and give me a bit of advice if it is possible?

Yeah I wanted the same thing, bought a £15 cone of eBay and an extendable pipe, put it low in the arch for cold air and the open twin cone gives a real nice sound in my opinion..no gains but colder air, less restriction than standard and a better sound all seams good to me! :)

Hi, I'd like to know if this forum has a search function? It would be really handy and save lots of pointless threads with exactly the same outcome every time.

I would like to know if those electronic dump valves fit the grande punto and do they really add 50+ BHP?

Oh wait...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it does look on the red bar on the header of each page if you click on the search tab you get the basic search box drop down look under It there is advanced search. Option that you can search by section et all

Poor show Andy.

I hope you were just being a good mod and purposely ignored my extreme sarcasm. ;)

Great, always has to be one person with some 'clever' sarcasm, I thought we are meant to just help each other instead of moaning this threads already been made?. If so don't post then.. Simple.. And less restriction is good for me as I have a t-jet :) and sound I like! Lol

Great, always has to be one person with some 'clever' sarcasm, I thought we are meant to just help each other instead of moaning this threads already been made?. If so don't post then.. Simple.. And less restriction is good for me as I have a t-jet :) and sound I like! Lol

There's at least one of these a day. The OP has obviously not used the search function otherwise this topic would not have been made.

"I've used the search, but..."

is almost as bad as

"I'm not a racist, but..."

It's getting a bit boring now.

Maybe a sticky should be made, if you have a 1.2/4 it's a complete waste of time, unless you want to spend big bucks on a GSR for 2bhp, and ramp your insurance up because you're probably a new driver explaining why you asked such a ridiculous question in the first place.

5bhp increase, 10lb/f torque increase, cost £80 and Adrian Flux didn't add any extra to my premium when I told them.

When you consider 5bhp on a 60bhp car, £80 is nothing for a near 10% performance increase. Great value for money if you look at it that way.

I've got a few problems to sort on my GP before it will go to it's new home if all go's well my GSR should be in the classified section/ebay late sept,so keep a look out it will fit 1.2/4 8v blue in colour (y)

Back