Technical Air bag light and passenger baby seat light flashing

Currently reading:
Technical Air bag light and passenger baby seat light flashing

Currymunster

Doing an aftermarket stereo and the fuse popped. Couldn't connect with my code reader so I took all the fuses out to check which one was blown.
It was the 10amp radio one.
Swapped it with one of the front lights as its not being driven at the moment.
Now I've got the red air bag light on permantly and the orange baby seat thing flashing.
Mate tried to find a code with his delphi thing and that didn't work.
I have worked out that if I remove the brake light fuse the lights go out but then I have no brakes lights.
Could be just because I removed a fuse or maybe I've disturbed a wire around the fuse box or behind the stereo?
Help please ????

2004 1.2 8v punto active sport

If you have an engine code reader then it might not read airbag codes on a fiat.

The likely problem here is you pulled the fuse for the airbags or you pulled something that shares an earth with the airbag causing a ground fault.

Realistically you just need to plug in the proper kit and clear the airbag fault.

No codes showing for Airbag..

Are you using the correct kit?

No codes showing for my cheap hand held thing and none for my mates delphi elm laptop thingy.
It cleared the pas codes a while ago no problem.
The car is not being used... Would a drive sort it?
I do have a fuse missing for one of the front lights until the new ones are delivered.

If you have an engine code reader then it might not read airbag codes on a fiat.

The likely problem here is you pulled the fuse for the airbags or you pulled something that shares an earth with the airbag causing a ground fault.

Realistically you just need to plug in the proper kit and clear the airbag fault.

I've tried with two and one of them was able to find the pas codes and clear them okay?
Maybe I've disturbed a wire?

I suppose if youve pulled an Airbag system fuse it could make connectivity awkward..

But how would it power the warning

Ok..to be clear:

Youve got both the Red and Yellow warnings showing ?

Yes, that is correct. The only fuse missing is one of the front lights as I've put that in the radio one instead. I have some new fuses on order.

Still got this issue. I've removed the battery and hope to put a new one in soon.
I'm hoping having no battery might reset it some how?
If not I've read that the eml327 and multiecuscan will connect but I have to also have two adaptor leads. One for the abs and one for the airbag. Known as adaptor leads 1 and 2.
Added to that the free software won't connect to either but the paid version will.
Whole kit for 120
Of I can buy the leads off flebay and change them to suit. That way with the software £85.
Seems like a right pain in the arse for removing a fuse?
Anyone near Folkestone Kent got the kit and don't mind spending a few minutes on it please..
James

As said right back at the top you need to connect it to the propper kit which for a Fiat means something that will connect to the airbag ECU almost all cheap or generic ECU readers won’t work on a Fiat, you need about £2k worth of professional snapon diagnostics machine or a copy of MES downloaded and registered and a couple of ebay cables

Hi, right. I've fixed it. I bought a £6 OBD2 lead from fleabay and cut all the wires and soldered them back to make adaptor lead 2.
Lo and behold my neighbors Delphi knock off connected and cleared the the codes
1A12
Problem now solved.
EPS light back on now though!:(
Thanks every one ?

Here's the lead I made

The wires sticking out now have bullet connectors on so I can change the lead to adaptor lead 1 for the ABS. Not that I'm need it now but you never know :)

Attachments

• IMG-20200805-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20200805-WA0000.jpeg
    983.6 KB · Views: 17
Back