General Advice with current garage - clutch getting replaced and things are going wrong

Currently reading:
General Advice with current garage - clutch getting replaced and things are going wrong

Duhamel94

The clutch on my Fiat Ducato 230L 2.8 JTD needed replacing after it started to slip. There was also an oil leak from the rear main seal.

I have a European registration vehicle so I had to give the garage the VIN. They could also have at any time checked the VIN themselves.

The rear main seal has now been replaced (after the garage first bought the wrong part, they had the wrong VIN written down).

The main problem here is they keep ordering clutches and then calling me to say they don't fit. They have only been getting LUK and Valeo parts as far as I know, probably because that's all their supplier deals with.

They have tried so many clutches that they now tell me I need to replace the (solid mass) flywheel so they can find a compatible clutch, they quoted me an extra £700 on top of my already nearly 1K bill. They claim that the clutch they took off was non-genuine and they cannot find any part number on it.

What should I do? Any suggestions are welcome.

What about other clutches? other brands could fit couldn't they? Borg and Beck, Blueprint and Sachs for example.

Thanks, I didn't know I could find parts there.

The garage has said they think the flywheel has been changed at some point. And they have been talking to Fiat so presumably they have the correct part number.

Back