Technical AC Bypass belt FOUND!

Currently reading:
Technical AC Bypass belt FOUND!

Scoober82

Hi All, just a quick post to let anyone who is struggling to find the correct belt to bypass the dreaded noisy A/C compressor.
I have a 07 GP SPORTING 1.9 Jtd.

On investigation we found that the 1.9 diesel aux belt pulley setup was listed in Autodata as the 1.6 engine!!

So anyway the belt we ended up choosing was a PK1053 Gates. This went around the alternator, tensioner and crankshaft pulleys but bypasses two idlers and the AC compressor.

Hopes this helps someone out👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_8731.png
    IMG_8731.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_8655.png
    IMG_8655.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
This went around the alternator, tensioner and crankshaft pulleys but bypasses two idlers and the AC compressor.

How did you managed to bypass TWO of the pulleys, as I can't see any way, to bypass the top one, without adjusting the tensioner as well?

Or, is it just perspective?

Many Thanks,
Peter

How did you managed to bypass TWO of the pulleys, as I can't see any way, to bypass the top one, without adjusting the tensioner as well?

Or, is it just perspective?

Many Thanks,
Peter
I will take a picture of the setup for you. The new belt bypasses the a/c pulley and also the one above it to the left. If I remember it changed the way it sat on the tensioner but it will all make sense when you see the it!!!
I will upload the picture later today Peter.

Thanks
Steve

Hi Peter, apologies for delay I had to rebuild my Trolley jack🤦‍♂️

It’s pretty straightforward- 1st pic is new belt setup.
So take the belt around the alternator, over the tensioner and then around crankshaft, follow over the freewheel pulley and back to the alternator!

Second image is the now redundant air con and freewheel pulley right of the crankshaft.

You may well need a hand- as one takes tension off the other places the belt.
Thanks

It’s pretty straightforward- 1st pic is new belt setup.
So take the belt around the alternator, over the tensioner and then around crankshaft, follow over the freewheel pulley and back to the alternator!

Second image is the now redundant air con and freewheel pulley right of the crankshaft.

Thanks
Thanks for the pictures,

So, this looks exacly like I've imagined! I got a bit confused when you said that you managed to bypass the second pulley(top one) as well. 😁

I agree, a second hand would be handy🖐️. But, with a bit of time, and sweat. It's possible to do it from the bottom, by yourself.

Just a seal replacement, or it got damaged?

Can't wait to get rid of that dreadfull seized compressor/bearing noise!

Hi Peter, yes I confused myself with the second pulley sorry it’s just one freewheeling and then the ac pulley! The jack lost its fluid since last used- I filled it up and it worked but will need a new seal I think!

I was amazed at the noise difference so I hope it works out for you too👍🤞

That’s great news I’m pleased i was able to help someone else🙏
You can look forward to peaceful journeys from now on!!

Back