Technical ABS reluctor ring

Currently reading:
Technical ABS reluctor ring

woody66

Can any one point me in the right direction bout my Reluctor rear reluctor ring, Abs light will not go out, renewed both rear hubs, then found out that I only have one reluctor ring one one of my rear wheels,? Now I have seen other posts,about ABS probs, with pictures, of rear hubs, with the grooves incorporated into ( solid) into the hub. Now I have been trying to buy a reluctor ring, but with out much luck, ??question, any one know where I can buy one, or is it the case the I can use ? What I term as the hub /solid grooved hub, if you get my drift,sorry bout the rambling on, but desperate, as I want to get car MOT d can eny one help thanks

What model/year/abs system?
Older one has the ring type, newer one has it built into wheelbearing so there is no visible cue. Seems you might have a mix of them?

Hi there,neverth, thanks for the reply. my vehicle is a W reg MArea, SX .1600 Weekend,

British reg tells nothing to me.
Year, and if its mk1 or mk2 please.

Looking at ePER it appears that common with a lot of cars the bearing and hub is one piece. Two part numbers are available, with and without ABS. The reluctor will be built into the seal of the bearing.
It would appear that one of yours is incorrect for the vehicle. Talk to your supplier. Did you specify vehicle reg, or state ABS or not? Although it appears you were not supplied a pair, so supplier is wrong.
Are you sure you did not damage the sensor during the replacement process?

I seem to have one ring on my rear passenger side,( old original hubs ,) and looking at my old hubs that I took off they would of had rings on them, and neverth if you are reading this, model is from 1995 to 2000, what MK, it is have not a clue, so any body know where I can get the rings from, ?

Pre "facelift" and post "facelift".
1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0/TD vs 1.2/1.6(different geometry)/1.8/2.0 VIS/JTD

New ABS hub from eBay? I got built in bearing so cant help on how it is attached (2.0 VIS).

Thanks guys, I think, I must have to go with the solid hub if all get my drift, ( the hub with the grooves cut in to it, that must be the one, ?? ) that's the only way I can think of going, for my, fiat, as I don't, seem to be getting any where, with my problem, I even tried to contact, fiat, bout my problem, but they seem like a waste of time, ? So relying on you guys, to point me in the right direction, you have done well so far, again thanks one and all, woody66

:bang:Thanks guys, I think, I must have to go with the solid hub if all get my drift, ( the hub with the grooves cut in to it, that must be the one, ?? ) that's the only way I can think of going, for my, fiat, as I don't, seem to be getting any where, with my problem, I even tried to contact, fiat, bout my problem, but they seem like a waste of time, ? So relying on you guys, to point me in the right direction, you have done well so far, again thanks one and all, woody66:bang:

Here they sell 3 different rear bearings for bravo/brava/marea.
One for all without ABS.
One for mk1 with ABS.
And one for mk2 with ABS.

Quick way to tell mk1/2 if your car is from 98 or 99 is to look the engine badge under the side blinker:
Enginesize_valves -> mk1
EngineHP_valves -> mk2

Thanks, for your patience, guys will look up all info, bout my car, and sorry bout delay in replying, woody66 :worship:

Hi there its me again. One final push.then I promise to leave. you all alone. LOL. Thanks all for your patience. And info. ;-) B-) right here are my numbers. Engine. 182A4000. Version 185BXB1A05D. Spares . 2050118. Now for the big numbers. e3*95/54*000*09. ZFA185000*020502050264. I am still looking at info on ABS stuff on the web. When I bought my spares the first time around. I am sure I stated with ABS (my hubs that is). Got them from GSF car parts.so if any mistake s its my fault ?? For not checking. :-( looking up there site they do have ones. 06/98. this is the bit that confuses me? To VET no. 176271. To VET no 5054833. And the last one to VET no. 180746. Now these are the numbers they quote for the solid type hub with the grooves. In the hub. ( if you get my drift) is this what I need ??? This is the last time I ask/???? :) ;-) again thanks to one and all for your inputs. Woody66

Back