General About to buy a 1.3 Multijet

Currently reading:
General About to buy a 1.3 Multijet

I am a newly retired grannie and would appreciate some more info about FiatSuperSaver. I have had a fantastic quote from them but feel it is all too good to be true. Can anyone please explain how they get the price so low. Also how do you pay? Why is there no OTR charges? Can you get the Superguard treatment? Is there a FiatWarranty which enables you to go to a main dealer if you have a problem. Sorry for all the questions but I can be niave and do not want to be taken for a ride. Thanks in advance

I purchased mine on Tuesday and expect delivery on Tuesday.
Its a Pre-Registered one and already has tax on which started on the 1/1/08 and the actual car was registered 24/12/07
I'm not sure why they are so cheep, but think its probably because they are pre-regd.
I think that you still get the fiat warranty, but i never asked about the super guard.

I purchased mine on Tuesday and expect delivery on Tuesday.
Its a Pre-Registered one and already has tax on which started on the 1/1/08 and the actual car was registered 24/12/07
I'm not sure why they are so cheep, but think its probably because they are pre-regd.
I think that you still get the fiat warranty, but i never asked about the super guard.
If a car is pre-registered, then it's almost certainly been done by a main dealer, in which case the FIAT warranty applies. For those that may not know, some manufactures pay their dealers a bonus on every car (over a certain number) they register at certain times of the year. The month before a new letter comes out, i.e. February or August or just before the New Year. This would account for a car registered in December. If you buy one, you will be the 2nd registered keeper. That may only matter if you're keeping it less than 2 years. Otherwise, it's a good way of getting a new car for a big discount. The only down side is that they usually only pre-register base models such as Actives.

There is a dealer in the north-west who will beat supersaver prices albeit by a fiver.

No idea if you are anywhere near Macclesfield, but if you go to

http://www.better-deal.co.uk

You can get a base spec MJ for £5995.

better-deal are actually MossRose Fiat Macclesfield trading under a different name. We bought our car from there. Came in at £6904 with aircon and metallic paint.

That way you get to do it all through the dealer as normal but you get the better price.

HTH.

I went to Moss Rose & they refered me to better deal & the price they quoted me was no where near what there website said. In the end I got my car from drivethedeal.
http://www.drivethedeal.com/

I am a newly retired grannie and would appreciate some more info about FiatSuperSaver. I have had a fantastic quote from them but feel it is all too good to be true. Can anyone please explain how they get the price so low. Also how do you pay? Why is there no OTR charges? Can you get the Superguard treatment? Is there a FiatWarranty which enables you to go to a main dealer if you have a problem. Sorry for all the questions but I can be niave and do not want to be taken for a ride. Thanks in advance

They are the internet name for Pewsham Garage Fiat, just outside Chippenham. I collected my car three weeks ago. The cars are all pre-reg models with delivery miles only (8 in my case). You give them a £500 deposit by debit card (I assume they'd also accept a cheque) & pay the balance when you collect the car - although if they delivered you'd obviously have to pay them in advance.
The cars are 'normal' UK cars with full 3 year warranty. There is no catch, they just give a rock bottom price - take it or leave it.
Finally, they will Superguard/DiamondBright the car paintwork for an additional charge - but quite why you'd want to waste your money on this I don't know.
I hope this helps.

Re: better-deal. When I was shopping around (on the phone) for MJ prices they insisted on adding-on the delivery charge even though the cars are pre-reg models, which put them well out of the running.

Also, and I'm serious here, the shifty salesman was very reluctant to tell me the total price (i.e. car + delivery cost), he just kept repeating that the price would be "near enough" & asked for my order! Absolutely amazing.

Re: About to buy a 1.3 Multijet - Got it!

:slayer: It arrived today! Well chuffed. Its a cracking little car. Cost me £31 to fill it full (@106.9p)
The only thing thats got me at the moment, and will take a bit of time to adjust to is the steering is really light, and i'm high up. But its all good.

All i need now are some Fiat alloys, and retrofit some Fog lights :slayer:

As recommended to me I'd give car-brokers.net a go. Their price is for a NEW car, not a pre-registered one. Multijet basic price a couple of days ago was £6133 on the road including all fees. We ended up with a nearly new one as we got such a good price we couldn't turn it down but if this hadn't been the case I'd have had no problem buying via them - they actually just give your details to a local Fiat dealer and then its all between you and the dealer. I assume they just get a bit of commission for supplying the contact info. Its a win-win scenario all round.

Back