Styling abarth badges

Currently reading:
Styling abarth badges

1-) Will this fit all bravo models 2007 + ?

Yes

2-) The rear badge on my Bravo is PUSH button to release the boot. It feels like a solid hard plastic. Is this the same as yours?

Comes off exactly the same as the front, fishing line behind the badge.

3-) If so did you pretty much rip it off and replace?

Not rip it take, take them both off gently.

Ok I am buying a set, The only thing is, its very expensive :(

Contacted Kevin via e-mail and will order some badges also. Thanks
TC for your info to me + for a fantastic work you have done.

I´m sure some FTCF members here will order these also. :slayer:

Ok chaps!

The whole set is now available from Kevin at Autobadges.com, I'll post a few more photos, you are aware that you can get front grille, boot, wheel and steering wheel badges to complete your Abarth look. Contact Kevin direct at [email protected] or visit his eBay store.

Attachments

• IMG_3705.JPG
    IMG_3705.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 247
  • IMG_3703.JPG
    IMG_3703.JPG
    645.2 KB · Views: 123
Ok chaps!

The whole set is now available from Kevin at Autobadges.com, I'll post a few more photos, you are aware that you can get front grille, boot, wheel and steering wheel badges to complete your Abarth look. Contact Kevin direct at [email protected] or visit his eBay store.
I just got a reply from autobadges saying they are no longer available :(

I just got a reply from autobadges saying they are no longer available :(

Fiat/Abarth probably sent him a legal letter...

You cannot just go around copying logos and selling them if you don't own the copyright...

I own Fiats and Fiat Abarth, I am proud to have the Fiat logo on my Bravo (y)

If you want an Abarth you can buy a 500 or Punto :D

Fiat/Abarth probably sent him a legal letter...

You cannot just go around copying logos and selling them if you don't own the copyright...

I own Fiats and Fiat Abarth, I am proud to have the Fiat logo on my Bravo (y)

If you want an Abarth you can buy a 500 or Punto :D
Id snap up a Fiat Bravo Abarth on day of release if they made one but they don't :( I test drove the 500 and punto and unfortunately they are just too small for my needs :( I have nothing against the Fiat logo otherwise I wouldnt have bought the car just thought these looked cool.

Id snap up a Fiat Bravo Abarth on day of release if they made one but they don't :( I test drove the 500 and punto and unfortunately they are just too small for my needs :( I have nothing against the Fiat logo otherwise I wouldnt have bought the car just thought these looked cool.

I have only owned my Bravo TJet Sport for a month and am really loving it, but honestly it is more of a sport tourer than a hot hatch so has the right badge on it (y)

If they made a more powerful and dynamic handling version then yes it could carry the Abarth badge with pride, as it is Fiat have produced a great all rounder that is the real flagship of the range. I can say this hand on heart having owned a New 500 1.4 Sport.

Shame they didn't do the mooted touring car programme as that would have undoubtedly spawned a hardcore Abarth version. :devil:

I have only owned my Bravo TJet Sport for a month and am really loving it, but honestly it is more of a sport tourer than a hot hatch so has the right badge on it (y)

If they made a more powerful and dynamic handling version then yes it could carry the Abarth badge with pride, as it is Fiat have produced a great all rounder that is the real flagship of the range. I can say this hand on heart having owned a New 500 1.4 Sport.

Shame they didn't do the mooted touring car programme as that would have undoubtedly spawned a hardcore Abarth version. :devil:
I don'y know I think id still class it as a hot hatch personally. Especially as its been chipped to 200bhp and lowered. The only thing I have had to compare it to is a stock 09 VW Gold GTD 2.0ltr 170bhp and it out dragged. I reckon it would easily keep up if not beat the Punto evo but not sure about the 500. Obviously isnt going to match the likes of the GTI, VXR, Ford RS but it can hold its own.

Generally speaking i don't like cars having badges that do not belong on them. The amount of times I have seen a M3 badge stuck on 316i or 318i makes me laugh. I dont think the vast majority of the public even know who Abarth are and those that do know will know that there isn't a Bravo iteration. But then I guess if you pull up next to a Abarth at a set of lights they will have a good chuckle too lol

Yup, really dont understand why an Abarth Bravo has never been mooted by Fiat. Given that Honda have stopped selling the Type-R and the popularity of the Focus ST/RS models, an Abarth Bravo would likely offer competitive performance in a much cooler car for a lot less dollars.

Without disrespecting Punto/500 owners, I tend to think of the former as being a lowprice point car and the latter as a casual drivers car - the Bravo is much more suited to the Abarth badge.

Abarth badges on a car that isnt an Abarth? Just looks stupid.

That's your opinion and very limited in its execution, different courses for different horses my friend.

Adding Abarth is like adding RS to a FORD for example. If I had a Fiesta/Focus and put RS seats, steering wheel, alloys, skirts or spoiler and I then put RS on it, I'd be saying it's RS styled, if I put ST badges on it, well then that's different.

It's a styling choice, no different to Bertone, Ghia, Pininfarina, etc. I see people putting aftermarket kits on the badging up Zender or AMG, is that just plain stupid to?

AMG take Mercedes cars and modify them, they use a Merc as the base car and make fantastic changes to a car. Same as someone like Alpina for BMW. They are official partners and offer hardcore versions of the donor car.

Abarth is a company that takes Fiat 500s and Puntos and modifies them. Abarth do not make modifications for any other model of Fiat, therefore putting abarth badges on your car is like putting a ferrari bodykit on an MR2 and telling everyone its a Ferrari when it simply isn't. An Abarth 500 isnt a Fiat 500 with some bits on. Its a Fiat 500 base car thats been taken to the Abarth factory and had REAL Abarth modifications.

Generally speaking i don't like cars having badges that do not belong on them. The amount of times I have seen a M3 badge stuck on 316i or 318i makes me laugh. I dont think the vast majority of the public even know who Abarth are and those that do know will know that there isn't a Bravo iteration. But then I guess if you pull up next to a Abarth at a set of lights they will have a good chuckle too lol

Thank you.
If i went to look at a Fiat Bravo with a view to buying it and seen Abarth badges on it I wouldnt pay anymore than £5 for it. The same as I wouldnt pay anymore that £5 for a pair of Clavin Klain jeans.

Ok AngryBravoMark

Answer this. Why do FIAT, through franchised dealers, sell a whole array of Abarth accesories and after parts? For example, I purchased the side skirt kit for my old Stilo, out of the box they has indents for Abarth sticker that were supplied and the instruction manual was titled Abarth??? I purchased lowering springs from a franchised dealer for a friends Punto, although they were in fact manufactured by Eibach, they were painted red and stamped Abarth all over??? Do you want me to go on? I'd like your take on this particular question?

i am afraid to burst the marketing hype bubble but yes it is, and it's made on the same line in the Fiat factory in Poland alongside 500, 500C and Ford Ka

Well said there that man, they have an Abarth bin department and sticker them up and fit them with the relevant parts in normal factory production, no different to a customer ordering a base, mid or high end model..............

Ok AngryBravoMark

Answer this. Why do FIAT, through franchised dealers, sell a whole array of Abarth accesories and after parts? For example, I purchased the side skirt kit for my old Stilo, out of the box they has indents for Abarth sticker that were supplied and the instruction manual was titled Abarth??? I purchased lowering springs from a franchised dealer for a friends Punto, although they were in fact manufactured by Eibach, they were painted red and stamped Abarth all over??? Do you want me to go on? I'd like your take on this particular question?

There isnt one car maufacturer that doesnt make a whole array of accessories and after parts for their cars. There was a Fiat Stilo Abarth made in the factory, which was not just a Stilo with some bits stuck on. It was a Stilo that was reworked in the Abarth factory.
Eibach springs - of course they were Eibach, thats who makes springs for the Abarth company the same as BMC make the air filters. Abarth simply decide on what products to put on the cars that they modify and in what combination and theyve done a bloody good job of it since 1949.If youre using that line of thought my dads Volvo should be called a Volvo/Ford because the engine and steering rack among other components are homogenous.
And yes i'm quite aware of where my car was built.

So in essence Mark, you are saying that the manufaturer is devaluing their flagship marques, by selling Abarth, RS, etc, afterparts to the public to make their cars look like top of the line cars? This is an odd debate. If FIAT want to sell aftermarket genuine parts then they should brand them Lineaaccesori instead of Abarth. I;'ve even purchased a back box for another friends Punto from them that was stamped Abarth. You can't blame the customer, surely?

Oh, and may I add the Stilo was the first untrue Abarth to leave the FIAT factory, it wasn't reworked, it was purely rebadged and botched. It was poor to say the least, they didn't even firm up the suspension on the thing, I drove several and my standard Stilo fitted with Eibachs out corenered every 'Abarth' I encountered.

Last edited:
You're devaluing your car by putting Abarth badges on it because it is not an Abarth. It's probably never been to the Abarth factory.

Back