Technical A quick question

Currently reading:
Technical A quick question

I was wondering if anyone can answer this for me? I have a gp 1.9 mjet sporting that has just had 4 brand new glow plugs put in last month. I went to start it yesterday and as I turned the key my hand slipped. The engine didn't ignite properly and it has now cone up with glow plug warning light? Could it be that I have blown a glow plug? Any help as this is starting to get expensive!

Unlikely... try taking the battery off the car for an hour or two & try again. Does the car still start?

All cured. Taking the battery off for 2 hours cured it many thanks. However I now have another problem. I put some supposedly error free canbus led number plate lights in last night and they worked perfectly. However tonight it's showing an error message on the dash! Anyone else had this and how can I fix it?

Last edited:
Sorry but I cant help with that one, I guess the ECU is seeing a different resistance for the L.E.D's than the bulbs they replace...even if they are supposed to be error free.

Not posted in a while as I thought I had fixed it. Turns out I haven't! The glow plug warning light has been on everytime I start the car from cold. I had the ecu scanned and it came back with one of the glow plugs had failed! I had them all spark tested and it turns out it was number 4 that had gone. Bearing in mind that I had all 4 replaced less than 2 months ago with brand new Lucas ones. I had one of the old ones put back and all seemed well until today when the warning light is back on! Anyone got any ideas as I'm getting fed up! Could it be a problem with the ecu or the glow plug control unit? Any help welcome

Thanks

Back