Technical A few more problems with the Multipla! HELP

Currently reading:
Technical A few more problems with the Multipla! HELP

dave924

Hi all!

I recently bought a 2001 1.6 ELX, this car drives fine, but there have been a few niggles!

The most recent being that today the Aircon fault message came up and I have also noticed that no temperature is being displayed on the console???

The other fault (also today) was that when I try to lock/unlock the car with the remote, the drivers door won't do anything and so the doors either stay locked or open! (it works when you use the key in the door lock)

Lastly (as I don't want to put too many faults on one thread) there is a constant engine control unit faulty message and I was wondering what someone would charge me to read/diagnose the fault??

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Plenty of OBD II readers available at around £25, worth getting if you've got a Multi!

Drivers door is probably the solenoid, however worth checking the wiring and try gently wiggling the cable from the car to the door as the wires have been known to break here.

Does the aircon light come on? It may just need a recharge, however if the light doesn't come on then it's a wiring check to make sure all connections are ok. You might want to check the earth connections from the battery as well.

Thanks for the help, I suddenly thought this morning, I was cleaning the inside of the door frames 2 days ago and maybe knocked the door wiring plug, pushed it in this morning and the Aircon and door lock now work!! (wooohoo easy fix!!)

Do you have a link for a fault reader by any chance? Thanks!

I've just bought a bluetooth ELM 327 unit off ebay. If you can wait a few days (I haven't received it yet), I'll check if it works then post a link to the seller and a couple of piccies.

The item description says it can work with both Windows and on a smartphone running Android (with the Torque app). It can also be used to reset fault codes (engine codes only). We'll see if it lives up to the description.

Back