Technical A couple of niggles!

Currently reading:
Technical A couple of niggles!

jaybranch

Evening all,

Ok... had the car for just a couple of days and got a couple of niggles.

Firstly, there is no audio from the radio (CD player is fine!). I tune it to a local radio station and can't hear a thing. I get no text on the display either, so it makes me think it's just no getting the station reception. However, when I tuned it to ALL frequencies (Radio One etc) nothing came through the speakers, not even white noise! The last owner had some stations programmed in, but even these bring no noise in. The CD player is fine though! Any ideas???

Secondly - when we were driving home tonight it started to get dark, so I put my lights on. Everything was ok, except I couldn't see the radio LCD display (underneath the three dash dials) as it didn't light up! Neither did the LCD display for the heating controls! Everything else seemed ok, i.e. the buttons for the heating controls we could see.... and the speed/rev/fuel guages were ok.

I noticed a small button on the column in front of the steering wheel, so pushed that a few times and it increased the dash brightness, but did nothing to increase the brightness of the two LCD displays. :mad:

Oh, and the airbag faulty light came on too, but I think this was a cable issue as I checked that when I got home, tucked the cable back up under the glove compartment and it's gone off! :confused:

Anyway... if you have any ideas for the above, I'm all ears!

Oh - my Ulysse is the 2.0 JTD (53 plate)

Thanks everyone!

Jay

Back