General A 4x4 off-road weekend in Yorkshire, 5th & 6th of December.

Currently reading:
General A 4x4 off-road weekend in Yorkshire, 5th & 6th of December.

We've been out today over a couple of the tracks that we'll be doing for the event, they are looking nice and challenging! Sam and I were in the Pandas and Jimmy northernchap was along with his mate Steve in a Rav 4 as well as Paul in his Landrover. We all found different sections tricky, it will be a lot different to the normal style of Yorkshire meet. Plenty of rocks, mud and puddles to battle with along side steep inclines and rock steps. This one will test us all!

Attachments

• 1447007041199.jpg
    1447007041199.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 1447007052821.jpg
    1447007052821.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 23
We've been out today over a couple of the tracks that we'll be doing for the event, they are looking nice and challenging! Sam and I were in the Pandas and Jimmy northernchap was along with his mate Steve in a Rav 4 as well as Paul in his Landrover. We all found different sections tricky, it will be a lot different to the normal style of Yorkshire meet. Plenty of rocks, mud and puddles to battle with along side steep inclines and rock steps. This one will test us all!

Now thats what I love to hear a challenge. No dought I will probley find it all hard and get stuck, all part of the fun tho. Can't wait now! Keep it up lads! Looking forward to the long trip to the north. :slayer:

Lewis

Last edited:
We've been out today over a couple of the tracks that we'll be doing for the event, they are looking nice and challenging! Sam and I were in the Pandas and Jimmy northernchap was along with his mate Steve in a Rav 4 as well as Paul in his Landrover. We all found different sections tricky, This one will test us all!

Sounds superb Andy, thank you for doing the research and planning once again. - For me the differences between vehicles is really interesting. - The Rav 4 and Landrover have always been intriguing to watch and contrast with the multi generations of Panda on our trips.

- (The developing theory I have is that the capability difference between vehicles across real tracks is pretty small.)

If I don't get another Snatch drive shaft swap done in the next two weeks I'd really like to bring the Kangoo, just for research purposes please:bang:

(The developing theory I have is that the capability difference between vehicles across real tracks is pretty small.)

Sort of, but I can confirm that Panda > Rav4, it doesn't have enough ground clearance and the track is too wide to skirt the ruts like you can in a Panda. It also came back with significantly less exhaust than when it started. Top marks for effort, but Panda wins!

Here's a couple of pics from the weekend - cheers Andy for taking us out!

I think the wide track on the Rav 4 was all that slowed it down to be honest, it did well getting over all the tough bits due to it's similar short wheel base and only slight front & rear overhang. Here was the exhaust disaster...

Attachments

• 1447089617288.jpg
    1447089617288.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 24
I think the wide track on the Rav 4 was all that slowed it down to be honest, it did well getting over all the tough bits due to it's similar short wheel base and only slight front & rear overhang. Here was the exhaust disaster...

Steve informs me today that a £40 centre section later, it's back in business and he has a great sense of achievement about conquering some of Yorkshire's finest scenery in what is basically meant for the shops and perhaps the odd bit of lamping but certainly not rock clambering!

Last edited:
No cracked exhaust manifold...how peculiar! :devil:

I still need to make a decision on this...is there still room for one more? :D

I sort of already agreed to go to the work christmas social but this is so much cooler...quite tempted by the night off road session :slayer:

Si, if you didn't come there would be an un-ignorable gap in the convoy, filled with the missing loud exhaust noise and flamboyant laughter... This is not a gap we want to experience, so please please please come and fill it!

Anyway, your work mates will understand that we are all way cooler ;)

No cracked exhaust manifold...how peculiar! :devil:

I still need to make a decision on this...is there still room for one more? :D

I sort of already agreed to go to the work christmas social but this is so much cooler...quite tempted by the night off road session :slayer:

I thought this was the Christmas social..?
Uncracked exhaust manifold = apparent lack of 'pluck', goes the usual equation, doesn't it?

Back