Styling 850T wheel choice

Currently reading:
Styling 850T wheel choice

alastair mccallum

Hi there,

Just bought an 850T wreck! whilst I am probably getting a little ahead of myself, I am just trying to keep a look at for suitable wheel upgrades. Not after anything expensive and happy with something ex fiat. Could anyone please tell me which models I can look at, want straight swap no messing about.
Pressume 850 car wheels will fit, but they rare too, so wondered what else would be an option?
Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Alastair

None of the online guides go that far back, so I would expect the PCD to be 4 x 98 and the centre bore 58.1mm.

If so, and you'd probably want 13 inch, so Uno or Cinq/sei, would be the easiest option.

If you can confirm the offset, you might be able to do Punto too.

Cheers

D

Hi there,

Just bought an 850T wreck! whilst I am probably getting a little ahead of myself, I am just trying to keep a look at for suitable wheel upgrades. Not after anything expensive and happy with something ex fiat. Could anyone please tell me which models I can look at, want straight swap no messing about.
Pressume 850 car wheels will fit, but they rare too, so wondered what else would be an option?
Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Alastair

You can use rims with 4*100 bolt pattern if you buy new bolts with variable pcd, just make sure to buy the right length.
http://www.wheel-nuts.co.uk/section.php/496/1/wobbly-conversion-bolts

... Just bought an 850T wreck! ... trying to keep a look at for suitable wheel upgrades ... so wondered what else would be an option?

You don’t give much info on what you have (year/wheels?).

I’m no expert on olde (or new) FIATs. My FIAT era kicked-off with a 125 many snows back – but I was pleasantly surprised to find there was a host of common parts to FIAT models. Then you may find that you can push-the-envelope of your search to include Alfa, Lada, Lancia, Polski, SEAT, Yugo, Zastava parts.

Keep us up-to-date on progress.

Don't forget ET element

-----------
55 FIAT 194 (aka Croma)

Many thanks for the replies, will keep my eyes peeled, fancied a set of age related alloys rather than something "new"

To answer the question it is a '72 van that has been converted into a camper, with crummy windows, for which I have replacements already sourced. She is parked up currently as I am doing my house and don't want to many projects at once, but just keeping a look out for bits and pieces as I go along

Thanks again

al

We had an 850T which had period steel wheels from an 850 Sport fitted - looked really good. They have small round holes around the outside and (usually) chrome 'FIAT' centres - very period. Have a look for pics for 850 Coupes and you'll see what I mean. Just as rare as the alloys, but cheaper if you do find them! Direct swap and they are all 98PCD. Enjoy the van!

Alastair,
they are the typical 98mm PCD of FIATs of that vintage.
Look for RWD wheels not FWD as the offset is wrong.
I've got a 900t Amigo which came fitted with Seicento alloys and the steering is not pleasant!
Original tyre size was 155x13 and the low profiles on the seicento alloys are a smaller rolling diameter. This makes it difficult to get much above 50mph which is pretty scary on modern roads.

yes thanks for that, really wanted something fairly period rather than recent, but guess not that common! The other option I was tempted with was the original dish types? oh well no great rush as the van still has holes in it, I just hope it's not too far gone once I get digging, have a horrible feeling it will be!

Just on another note does anyone have any info from DVLA etc on how many of these are still on the road in the UK, I am gessing at tens?

Thanks again and please shout if you hear of any period wheels to the above specs!

Back