General 60 plate panda with fallout on paintwork

Currently reading:
General 60 plate panda with fallout on paintwork

yes they do eating bamboo.

agree with maxi, paint can still be bit soft.

Personally i'd leave it to garage as if you f*ck it up they will say 'you used so & so product so tough sh*t no warranty'. Its a fault, dealer/fiat should fix end off (once its fixed to your satisfaction & will not re-occur then use halfords jizz juice, bees tears, apricot cream with crushed goats eye lashes or whatever product you use etc)

If you give it to a garage then the chance of damage is higher IMHO. If the garage do damage it, then they'll just tell you that it's fine or polish it so much that there's barely any paint left.

Argh. Another one of your posts that doesn't make sense. Panda's don't "sit in a field somewhere"

Paint takes a while to harden and whilst jrkitching is most probably right and it'll be fine I thought I'd give my little warning anyway.

The buildup is not from sitting in fields, it's from brake dust from the train from Tychy to the ship.

Why doesn't my post make sense?

A lot of cars do sit in fields before being delivered to dealers, which is where you can get a lock of muck from nearby factories etc. I guess Pandas aren't one of those cars.

Do you know why my Panda didn't get covered in brake dust? Have they recently changed how they are transported? I insisted that my dealer didn't do anything other than a steam clean. When I got the car it was really dirty, but it all came of with a gentle wash, and there were no bonded contaminants.

I polished my car on the day that I got it and haven't had any problems.

Why doesn't my post make sense?

A lot of cars do sit in fields before being delivered to dealers, which is where you can get a lock of muck from nearby factories etc. I guess Pandas aren't one of those cars.

Do you know why my Panda didn't get covered in brake dust? Have they recently changed how they are transported? I insisted that my dealer didn't do anything other than a steam clean. When I got the car it was really dirty, but it all came of with a gentle wash, and there were no bonded contaminants.

I polished my car on the day that I got it and haven't had any problems.

*sigh*

What I was saying was that the OP's Panda would not have sat in a field, it would have gone from Tychy to the ship on a train, then on the ship to Bristol and then from Bristol to the dealers on a truck. No fields involved...... Not all cars will get fallout, it could be their position on the train, it could be a number of factors, but no fields, since when did dirt embed itself into paint and start rusting?

Back