Technical 500x rumbling

Currently reading:
Technical 500x rumbling

Rhiannonhardie

Has anyone ever had an issue with a rumbling feeling under the seats? Had the car in several times due to it happening and then the check engine light coming on, had an oil flush and its been good for a while but started again. Just every so often ill feel a rumble(no check engine light as of yet this time)

What is your engine, petrol or diesel.

If diesel then it could be the Diesel Particulate Filter rumbling during the regeneration process. During regeneration large amount of fuel are injected during the exhaust cycle to basically fire the DFP filter to 500 - 600 deg.C. The excess fuel creates a rich running, lumpy engine operations. Regen can take 10 to 15 minutes (sometimes longer).

If you only do short journeys then regenration will be far more frequent.

On my Croma 2005 Multijet Diesel then i could tell when regeneration is taking place due to the change in engine note and faint vibration.

What is your engine, petrol or diesel.

If diesel then it could be the Diesel Particulate Filter rumbling during the regeneration process. During regeneration large amount of fuel are injected during the exhaust cycle to basically fire the DFP filter to 500 - 600 deg.C. The excess fuel creates a rich running, lumpy engine operations. Regen can take 10 to 15 minutes (sometimes longer).

If you only do short journeys then regenration will be far more frequent.

On my Croma 2005 Multijet Diesel then i could tell when regeneration is taking place due to the change in engine note and faint vibration.
Its a petrol engine and its like a very harsh vibration

Back