Car went into limp mode with the following errors:
Coolant temp gauge overheating
Stalling @gear change/breaking
Start stop unavailable
Park assist unavailable
Engine dragging and pulling at gear change
Engine revs racing
Throttle dead

Called fiat breakdown assist they told me the car was under warranty until Dec 2023 and this would be fixed under warranty. They sent RAC out at who said the car was undrivable and to book a collection for it to be taken to fiat garage for repair. The Rac told me there was an electrical fault and a fault with the MAP sensor and possible the Coolant gauge.

The car run in idle mode but the next day when the recovery truck collected it it died completely

The car went to fiat and within a few days they called me to tell me it was a dead battery. I told them it wasn't as the initial problems were not seemingly battery related and the RAC confirm wasn't the battery.

Anyway they insist was and I took the car back on Saturday. I drive it locally Sunday...drove a bit further to work and back Monday.. then on Monday night while I was out in it when I changed gear on the motorway the revs dropped, and the engine went into start stop mode and then restarted itself.

Then today it did the same thing 3 or 4 times on my journey home from work...

The car doesn't come to a stop and the clutch is depressed for the gear change .

The car was doing this just before the original problems above happened and the car broke down

Has anyone had similar issues and what was the issue...I suspect that whatever it is eventually drains the battery..

electrical and electronics issues can be a pain to diagnose, even if a fault code appears, and even more difficult on a forum. Which engine and spec is it? Can you get a written explanation from the RAC and have you got the dealers diagnosis. These are often helpful indicators and a godsend if you later make a complaint esp as I think your real problem is the dealership.
If there is another as close then use them
If not I’m afraid that, as it’s under warranty, they fix it. I would insist that they keep it until the fault appears wehn they have it

If not I’m afraid that, as it’s under warranty, they fix it. I would insist that they keep it until the fault appears when they have it
This. Any fault on a motorway and these statements apply, no question.

Back