General 500L vs Trekking & Third head restraint

Currently reading:
General 500L vs Trekking & Third head restraint

felipem

Hello,

I'm studying which car to buy and I simply loved the 500L, but there is one issue which is keeping me worried. Here in Europe, the 500L Pop Star comes by default without the Third head restraint in the read seats, and all car sellers only have cars without it. The 500L Trekking, however, has this by default.

Yes, I could get a custom build, but car sellers seam to be completely disinterrested in selling custom builds, and they don't want to give any extra cuts from the base cost, while for ready-available cars, one can get large discounts if one hunts enough / waits enough.

Basically I am not interrested in the off-road stuff at all. I am already happy with the 500L, just that lacking the 3rd head restraint & having only abdominal belt in the middle seat is a potential big issue to me, because I already have 2 children, and I'll have a 3rd one in a few years, so the lack of 3 point seat belt in the center would make it impossible to correctly seat all 3 children in the back!

So do you think that a urban guy would be happy with the Trekking version? What kind of problems could I potentially face? Or are the differences tiny and I'll likely not notice them at all?

I imagine the suspension might be harder, so it might be a worse ride? Also the 95HP engine has a max speed of only 165 km/h in Trekking vs 178 km/h in 500L Pop Star. Roads in Poland have a max speed of 140 km/h. I wonder if it will be noisier at high speeds, or problematic to drive at 140km/h, or in some other way less confortable... any comments?

This seams to be a USA majority forum, but I couldn't find a big european forum, so this is why I am aksing here.

Funny how I searched the web and not many people talk about the issue of the central seat in the 500L. I went to Ford, Hyundai and Skoda sellers and all cars except tiny stuff like Ford Ka, had a 3rd head rest :( Even i30 has it! No idea why Fiat decided to penny-pinch in this safety device for a *family* car, while including it in the off-road version ....

thanks!

Hi there,

The 3rd rear headrest is an option on all trim levels
You can order one to your specification.

I believe you have to order the rear seat armrest & headrest
which are about 200 Euros for both.

Delivery is only about 8 weeks.
What's the issue?

Back