General 500L vs 500x

Currently reading:
General 500L vs 500x

Juan500

Help, do I make the trade and get a 500x?? I’m going to miss the space of my 500L and the gorgeous panorama windscreen, I won’t mention all the trouble I’ve had and am currently experiencing!! Is the 500x a better car???
Help me decide.

I can't do a direct comparison, not that familiar in detail with the 500L, so I can't do a direct comparison, but I hope this helps.
Not had any issues with my 500x in almost two years.
The boot is not that big on the 500x, smaller than the Tipo we had before
No one has complained about lack of passenger space, which is fine for us as we usually carry no more than 4 adults up to 6 feet tall.
The boot is not a problem for our holiday luggage for the two of us, but we do have to let the seats down for our two large suitcases.
I think its a well built car, no rattles or anything, still looks as good as new!
If a 500x suits your requirements, you need to have a serious look at one and a test drive

Help, do I make the trade and get a 500x?? I’m going to miss the space of my 500L and the gorgeous panorama windscreen, I won’t mention all the trouble I’ve had and am currently experiencing!! Is the 500x a better car???
Help me decide.
I have a 500x from new . It’s the 1.6 etorq - the base model . It’s done 78 k and I have replaced 4 tyres and a ac condenser- that’s all ! I would buy another without question, the only thing is the replacement 600 is electric so I will keep the one I have.

Thanks for the responses
Auto or manual??? I’m not sure how reliable the DDCT is.
My 500L 6 speed manual been extremely unreliable even at 34000 miles

Thanks for the responses
Auto or manual??? I’m not sure how reliable the DDCT is.
My 500L 6 speed manual been extremely unreliable even at 34000 miles
That sounds odd to me. Don't know if the boxes are the same in the 500L and 500X? What were the problems? Gearbox itself or the linkages?

My 500x is the 1.3 Auto, its a good box, you don't notice it changing gear.
One of the sensors failed, it kept showing "Check Gearbox" messages, it was changed under warranty in about half an hour.

I'll not be getting a manual next time

Back