Technical 500 TA 105 front tyre wear

Currently reading:
Technical 500 TA 105 front tyre wear

TurboToppolino

Front tyre wear seems high. They wear evenly and the cars not driven hard. Pressures checked fortnightly and seem airtight.
I know different tyres have different wear ratings but these Avons were fitted late December and they’re at 2mm depth by mid may!
I’m wondering if the short/ low first gear means it’s spinning slighty on every setting off.

Last edited:
Try Michelin I understand they last quite long, are you saying they've only lasted 5 months?
I agree. I have always found Avons gripped fine but wore fast. Is yours a 105HP engine? Its all too easy to wear out the driven tyres with a lot of power used liberally. My Panda however is gobbling its Continentals at an alarming rate too but I think it may make about 15000 miles before the first two are worn out. Are you sure they have not been swapped out somewhere by persons unknown.

Next Saturday i will collect my 500 Sport with 105 hp TwinAir engine.
T.b.h. i did not looked at the tire when i bought it, so no clue how far along they are at 21.610 Km's.
Tires are always the first thing i change when buying a used car, i believe it has Continental's on.

Next Saturday i will collect my 500 Sport with 105 hp TwinAir engine.
T.b.h. i did not looked at the tire when i bought it, so no clue how far along they are at 21.610 Km's.
Tires are always the first thing i change when buying a used car, i believe it has Continental's on.
Also get the wheel alignment checked as much cheaper than tyres

Also get the wheel alignment checked as much cheaper than tyres
Today i put new Hankook's on, 205/45R16"- 87W.
IMG_6053.jpg

Back