General 500 quarter lights

Currently reading:
General 500 quarter lights

Sardinho

Hi guys,

I’ve looked absolutely everywhere and cannot find replacement surrounds which the quarter light frame and window sit in?!

Does anyone know where I could possibly get them? Or if anyone has already complete frames and glass for sale?

Thanks in advance

Alex

We have been here before. The original thread listed below was started some time ago. I am not sure if this particular part quality has improved over the years. A lot of effort was put in at the time trying to get the new items to fit but I eventually had my old frames repaired and re-chromed.

'https://www.fiatforum.com/500-classic/284642-500f-3-4-vent-frames.html'

Regards

Joe R

Last edited:
Try "Ricambio UK"---they are in south-west London. I bought a pair of their "best quality" surrounds some years ago (they still list them). The quality was pretty good (for 'pattern' parts!) and were easy to fit. I found that the easiest way to fit the glass was by using a modern 'wind-screen' adhesive, and NOT the rubber 'tape'. It can be a bit fiddly and you have to be organised because you have to leave the adhesive to set, so the glass has to be held centrally in the frame whilst the adhesive sets (I left them overnight). They came complete with the catches. Fitting the new pivot rivet was a 2 person job--I held a drift vertically in a vice (for putting UNDER the rivet), my assistant held the 1/4 light frame upside-down in place, and then with an old 'wide-angle' centre-punch I hit the underside of the rivet (which is now on the top) to spread it, and lock in place.

Thank you for the reply’s, and the top tips!
the hobbler, i already have the frame that goes around the window, it is intact the surround that these sit in that I’m after, as the ones I have are terrible and I cannot use them!

Has anybody got some in good condition that they no longer need?

Thanks

Alex

Thank you for the reply’s, and the top tips!

@the hobbler, i already have the frame that goes around the window, it is intact the surround that these sit in that I’m after, as the ones I have are terrible and I cannot use them!

Has anybody got some in good condition that they no longer need?

Thanks

Alex

you mean with the alloy section that the main window sides in as well?

If so I may have a pair.... they are complete.... I know you cannot buy the alloy channel... no one makes it... will have to have a look for them... give me a day or two...

Back