General 500 has been keyed :(

Currently reading:
General 500 has been keyed :(

I have actually considered some kind of camera looking out of my house window, as I park outside. Just a basic webcam type of arrangement. Is that a bit drastic? Haha.

My excess is quite high, so I'm hoping to be able to avoid that route. Either £250 or £350, can't quite remember on this car.

I have actually considered some kind of camera looking out of my house window, as I park outside. Just a basic webcam type of arrangement. Is that a bit drastic? Haha.

My excess is quite high, so I'm hoping to be able to avoid that route. Either £250 or £350, can't quite remember on this car.

Our neighbour's daughter had her car keyed a couple of times and they actually went down the CCTV route.

It stopped.

You do have to be careful though if the camera covers other private dwellings as it could lead to complaints about privacy invasion.

However normally CCTV on a domestic property is not covered by the Data protection act - even if it covers the front street. Different if you are a business though.

Have a read of this -

http://www.ico.org.uk/Global/faqs/cctv#f1D16765F-E3A6-4397-8D70-99EE6D7516AA

As far as CCTV is concerned, We had problems with my neighbour's cars, either side of me, they were both vandalised/broken in to but mine was left alone.

Before all this happened I went to my local security shop and bought a proper CCTV camera housing with wall bracket and cable. The unit displayed the security company logo.

I mounted this on the wall with the cable leading into the soffit board. I also mounted a redundant 35mm camera lens inside to make it look authentic. In 7yrs at that address never had an problem.

Back