Technical 4x4 wheel size

Currently reading:
Technical 4x4 wheel size

Some only with spacers on as offset is different
I have 15” punto wheels on the 2005 4x4 with 10mm spacers and longer bolts…but not all the wheels have the same offset so you need to check.
The four I got all looked alike but one turned out to be different, which the vendor sorted out for me

Hi

Will a 2008 punto steel wheel fit a 2014 panda 4x4? 175 65 15

I'm looking for a spare wheel
NO!!! Yes it will go on the car, but No it will not go in the spare wheel well. Its a space saver or nowt! I still have one listed for sale for postage costs only in classifieds. A panda 100 wheel was on a 45 series tyre and just fitted... sort of into that car. my wifes Lounge has a 14" space saver with a higher profile and 15" road wheels. That tyre is horrid. the 4x4 takes a 125x15 space saver but you need a Doblo or Bravo or 500L jack to lift the 4x4 off the ground. standard Panda jack is no good without a massive block under - and thats not safe.

Some only with spacers on as offset is different
I have 15” punto wheels on the 2005 4x4 with 10mm spacers and longer bolts…but not all the wheels have the same offset so you need to check.
The four I got all looked alike but one turned out to be different, which the vendor sorted out for me
I bought some Panda 100 lookalike alloys and they would not go on the car as the offset was wrong and they rubbed on the brakes. Very expensive mistake!! SO your point re offset is important.

Ah, worth a try.

Thanks guys, looks like I'll have to get a new full size one online

I 'll make a raised false boot floor is the plan

Ah, worth a try.

Thanks guys, looks like I'll have to get a new full size one online

I 'll make a raised false boot floor is the plan
Try one of your existing wheels in the back. I did and no way Jose would it go in, you have to stand it up against the back seat. Even wi the tyre deflated it will not go in.

To answer the question…

The Panda 4x4 wheels are 15”, 6J, with an offset of ET35 and the PCD for the bolt holes is 98mm.

Note that for the Cross 4x4 the offset is different - ET30

Punto wheels have a different offset, and the newer ones have a different PCD of 100mm (so the bolt holes won’t line up either)
I assume the steering geometry and components are the same between the Panda 4x4 and Cross? If so would suggest that the Cross wheels actually 5.5J so that the centre of steering rotation on the tyre on the contact point remains similar. Or simply that the centre line of the tyres stays near the same dimension, else the Ackermann steering geometry would need to change? ( I used to design wheels and remember many happy days trying to explain to clients the relationship between changing rim width and ET.)

I assume the steering geometry and components are the same between the Panda 4x4 and Cross? If so would suggest that the Cross wheels actually 5.5J so that the centre of steering rotation on the tyre on the contact point remains similar. Or simply that the centre line of the tyres stays near the same dimension, else the Ackermann steering geometry would need to change? ( I used to design wheels and remember many happy days trying to explain to clients the relationship between changing rim width and ET.)
Both use 6J wheels. On the Cross 4x4 these are (or were until dropped to gain higher WLTP mpg) fitted with wider 185/65 r15 tyres (compared to 175/65 r15 tyres on the non-Cross 4x4). I believe the ‘wider’ offset is to prevent the wider tyres catching on the subframe (There’s a recent thread where a 4x4 owner fitted the 185 tyres to the standard 4x4 wheels and experienced this problem)

Both use 6J wheels. On the Cross 4x4 these are (or were until dropped to gain higher WLTP mpg) fitted with wider 185/65 r15 tyres (compared to 175/65 r15 tyres on the non-Cross 4x4). I believe the ‘wider’ offset is to prevent the wider tyres catching on the subframe (There’s a recent thread where a 4x4 owner fitted the 185 tyres to the standard 4x4 wheels and experienced this problem)
Yes, I have 185/65 15s on my 2005 4x4, with 10mm spacers…if you try them on standard wheels, with no spacers, they rub the struts…and, if you have aggressive treads, they will foul the bottom rear of the front wheelarches and the front of the rear arches
Also, if you have aggressive tread, the rolling circumference maybe greater, mine are 25mm greater diameter than the all season ones

Hello again,

I've found 2 space savers to buy online but I'm confused ...

One is advertised as for years 2003 to present day . And another is listed as 2003 to 2012. Did both models of panda use the same size offset etc?

My car is 2014 63 plate.

Does anyone know if the 2003 to present day one would fit? It is a lot cheaper than the other one. Or has the seller made a description error?

I don't understand why one is from 2003 to present day and the other is from 2003 to 2012.

Thanks

The 2003-2012 4x4 Panda’s full size wheels were 14 inch diameter and after 2012 (ie the current model) use a 15 inch wheel.

The space saver from a 2003-12 non-4x4 Panda can (I believe) also be used on a post 2012 two wheel drive model — but NOT on a 4x4 version

The post 2012 4x4 needs a 15 inch space saver wheel fitted with a 125/80 tyre.

In passing the 4x4 also uses a different jack to the other Panda models. I’ll find a link to an earlier post that confirms all this (search this forum for ‘4x4 space saver’ and a post by me)

Last edited:
Back