Technical 4x4 sump guard fitting

Currently reading:
Technical 4x4 sump guard fitting

pandacross

Good morning, wonder if anyone could assist. I've bought an 05 plate 4x4 which has had the sump guard removed due to corrosion. I bought another guard but after looking underneath can't work out how it attaches at the front. I bought a Haynes manual which magically doesn't cover the 4x4 variant. It clearly has 6 mounting points but still not clear how it fits. Does anyone have any photos which shows the fitting?
Google images proved fruitless. Many thanks, Ben

If it's anything like the Panda Cross one (and I suspect it will be) that I've just removed and re-fitted after an oil change (tbh, you'd be as well doing an oil change before fitting the new skid plate unless you've done one recently), it's fairly straightforward.

On the cross, there are 4 10mm bolts along the front and a further 2 that fit to the rearmost legs of the skid plate.

Of the front ones, 2 are close to the right and left hand side of the car right at the very front. The 2 bolts further in are close to the bent tangs that sit under the skid plate and hold it in pace. Try and slide the skid pate over the tangs (it's fairly obvious where they go. It would make your life a whole lot easier if you could support the skid pate on a trolly jack whilst doing this. Once you have the skid plate located over the 2 tangs, it becomes obvious where all 6 bolts go. Finger tighten all 6 first and then go round and tighten progressively. That way , the skid plate will centre itself as you tighten up all the bolts.

Hope this helps.

Back