General 4x4 2 month challange

Currently reading:
General 4x4 2 month challange

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Lots of these around if you search other countries - the metal one is scarcer but does come up as you proved. (y)

I think I've probably just not noticed the difference before. (Not having a Mk1, I think I must subconsciously skip parts for them....) :eek:

Next, you'll be telling me Mk1s have corrugations along the bottoms of the doors.... ;)

Last edited:
Lots of these around if you search other countries - the metal one is scarcer but does come up as you proved. (y)

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121046999667?nav=SEARCH

Or this from one of our favoured suppliers:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/390240079715?nav=SEARCH

Before anyone goes and buys one of these... just noticed that I think these are not right. The radiator is on the right hand side for a panda 45 yet the slats are blocked on that side and open on the wrong side. I think they are for the air cooled panda. But I thought air cooled ones only ever came with the metal grille so this is a little weird :confused:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Well, its that time again. Round two!
Just wanted to say thanks to Vernon for meeting me today, sorry I didn't hang about I was in a rush!

Im now going to have an adventure in building up a replacement engine!

K8Ro27U.jpg

Well, its that time again. Round two!
Just wanted to say thanks to Vernon for meeting me today, sorry I didn't hang about I was in a rush!

Im now going to have an adventure in building up a replacement engine!

K8Ro27U.jpg

Is that from that terminally rotten green Mk1 Panda 4x4 Vern has?

Hi Sam,

Good to meet you too, I was in a hurry too so no problem.

You know it's amazing how the mechanical components are coming apart. I thought i'd get through dozens of cans of WD40 but I haven't opened one yet! The engine wouldn't turn over at first but it turned out to be a stuck alternator. Once the fan belt was cut off the engine turned over freely, in fact the alternator free'd off too with a little pressure.

Hope the rebuild goes well Sam, I'm sure it will be a good engine for you. (y)

Well,

A update, as we all know she has been poorly, while im investigating the short term running issue im aware that I have a low compression issue. I was hopping it would sort its self out one the rings have been given time to burn off the carbon but I havent been able to do any miles.

After a long chat with John, and other people I have made the decesion to drop the 965cc carb and drop a good 899 SPI engine in it.

I dont like carbs, never have. Give me a ECU and TB any day so I went out and bought a doner car this week

10433293_950418821648383_1772093485987394468_n.jpg

Does seem a real shame to change it as it's such a rare car, but it is yours to do as you wish with so good luck with it. Try and keep all the original bits you change and you could sell it on with he car in the future maybe

Does seem a real shame to change it as it's such a rare car, but it is yours to do as you wish with so good luck with it. Try and keep all the original bits you change and you could sell it on with he car in the future maybe

Agreed - if you get it sorted out & in good condition, an engine conversion would seriously devalue it to most serious buyers. I'd not want a mk1 4x4 with the wrong engine, so if you ever plan to sell it, the original engine should go with the car. Just my view. (y)

ok, well LONG TIME no update!

Thanks to allen I got her running well. it was a mix of carb and the timing not being right.
Shortly after I got it running well I just kinda gave up and lost interest. The MOT was due and the tax was about to expire so I parked her up for the best part of 6 months.

And there she sat, I went up and started her every now and then and she never failed to start but I know she needed a few odds and sods for the MOT

This weekend I took her down and replaced the odd bulb, fixed the wiper spray not working and got her a fresh 12 month MOT ticket :slayer:

Sat on my drive she was ugly as ugly as the bonnet and wings and other sections were painted different greens soly for rust protection.

After seing a post on facebook I cracked open the ebay account and orderd some paint.

Now, i expect kick back off this, nothing I have done cannot be fixed, everything I have done has put it on the road again, in usable condition and prevented rust from taking the sole of another panda.

E5cWaW6.jpg

cGmkZWH.jpg

sxCzyEH.jpg

71mZTcX.jpg

TMHefRj.jpg

Back