General 45w/55w headlight bulb

Currently reading:
General 45w/55w headlight bulb

hensteeth

My headlight bulb needs replaced thing is im struggling to get a supplier are they available via usual auction site? im looking for that wattage or do i just put higher watt in im a bit reluctant as i dont want problems with hot switches of blown fuses.What should I do? cheers

I'll give them a try the morn my local one's about 10 mile away so not far Jim thanks m8.

Halfords only do the pointy bulbs. Pandas use the round sphere shaped bulbs.

One of my fails on my last MOT was because I fitted pointy bulbs from Halfords. :rolleyes: You should be able to get them from most motorfactors. Google for a local Unipart, that's where I got my last bulbs.

Last edited:
I stand corrected! They didn't have the round ones on the shelf, that's my excuse, honest guv!

To be honest on my MOT I had one of each, a pointy and a round, I asked if I could put a 2nd pointy one in as I had one of them and he said "No! They have to be round..." Strange though cause the NI MOT is much more severe :confused:

See, I'm always right, I'm never wrong and I'll never get my cum uppence for being a smug git, LOL

think that's the thing with garage MOT's compared to government MOT's cause the tester has so much room for interpretation on these things where the government one is tested by the computer and the computer checks the beam and says yes or famously 'Computer says Nooooo'

Jim

im a bit reluctant as i dont want problems with hot switches of blown fuses.What should I do? cheers

Get the brighter ones!

Wattage isn't going to affect the switch as the headlamps are run through relays.

I've had swiches go with the standard 45w bulbs as well as the 55w ones :(

Far better light output, which can only be safer when driving (y)

Jon.

Which ones are the halogen in halfords????
I have halogen in the parade... went to halfords to get some for the sisley and noticed they were a bit diff :confused:
The ones in halfords had 2no square toggles. Do i cut these off??? The ones in the parade dont have them??:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Cheers kev

If you're looking for the original pattern of bulb, you want a '410'. If from halfords, it will probably be called a 'HB410' (Halfords Bulb....), if from Valeo, it would be a 'VBU410' (Valeo BUlb....), etc.

031020081554.jpg

they list the 100w ones but I coudn't see them

Jim

Back