3000 mile journey car preparation

Currently reading:
3000 mile journey car preparation

Did they not scrap the fines for not carrying your own breathalsyer? I would say this is now more of a precaution than a requirement.

If you are going through different countries that will be a different matter altogether.

It was discussed above but the basics are

YES it is a legal requirement to carry them

But NO it is not and never has been enforced.

The proposed fine was to be 11€ but the law was passed and the date it came into force was postponed then repeatedly postponed then eventually the French government postponed it indefinitely.

There is a webpage which talks about the law in some detail but basically the man who lobbied the French government to pass this law, happened to own one of only two companies that made the kits, when the law was passed the two companies could not cope with the demand and so the enforcement of the law got postponed and then never came to be.

Well I try to comply with all legislation in UK/EU.

Read:

I carry required/recommended first Aid Kit, Warning Triangle, Spare bulbs. Also fire extinguisher AND the France breathalyser.

This later item makes me smile/scratch my head. Last time I checked the outer cardboard boxes carried a date but the testing contents were not date marked. So it would be possible (but dishonest) to open the wrong end of the box with the date stamp and discard and thus have and approved product but with no absolute date stamp.

When we come back to more normal requirements like spare bulb carrying I carry these BUT BUT I do not carry, and I do not know any one who carries HID replacements (£30 to £60+) in their boot.

For me I just try to comply, wont get it perfect but hopefully win that argument/intent to comply.

Back