Technical 3 clicks to open

Currently reading:
Technical 3 clicks to open

Carcrank

I have a 2015 panda and the remote only works when I press the button 3 times, open or close and yes I have tried a new battery

What if you press the button harder once?
Or press it once slightly longer?

Have you tried the spare remote key?

Unfortunately our spare key is not a remote, I have tried long presses and short ones, it used to work fine.

Not sure what system they use, I know some older vauxhalls had to be re-synced now and then since they had a rolling key code (the car wouldn't respond to the same code twice).

I have a 2015 panda and the remote only works when I press the button 3 times, open or close and yes I have tried a new battery
Did you try holding metal part of fob to your head? Maybe if that works it suggests fob is a bit tired (or replacement battery not so fresh)?

Hear me out on this...
Click it once, check all doors. Has it unlocked a door on its own?
Two clicks, another door,
Three, the final door...
Just thinking out the box. My Mondeo is one click, unlocks passenger door, two, all other doors. (It's RHD, but language in vehicle is German, guessing it thinks it's LHD. Long and random story to it)

Hear me out on this...
Click it once, check all doors. Has it unlocked a door on its own?
Two clicks, another door,
Three, the final door...
Just thinking out the box. My Mondeo is one click, unlocks passenger door, two, all other doors. (It's RHD, but language in vehicle is German, guessing it thinks it's LHD. Long and random story to it)
That's a common feature on many cars, sort of anti-hijacking measure. Usually it's one click for driver's door, two for all the rest. And there's usually some hidden combination to turn that off and on.

“Three clicks arms the fuse…”

writings_on_the_wall.png

Seems to be lots of ‘speculation’ here, and descriptions of how other cars work…. So far as I know the Panda only has one ‘setting’ - that pressing ‘unlock’ on the key unlocks all the doors at once. Certainly how all mine have been and no ‘user’ setting to change this (that I have found). There *is* a setting to set whether it does or does not lock as you start driving

(Yes, many other cars have a menu setting for whether all locks open, or one press for drivers door and a second for the others…. but not on the Panda)

Has the OP tried a known good battery? Mine had similar symptoms when the battery was on the way out, as well as having almost no range on the key, swapped it out for a Kodak one from a set I’d stupidly bought at Poundland, 2 days later it was flat as a fart - replaced it with a Duracell and 2 months later still fine

Often as they run down, those ‘coin’ batteries seem to leak a little, either gas or liquid, that corrodes the spring contacts they sit in. If you put a new battery in and then spin it round in the holder that tends to clean it enough to make contact. And as Lunchbeers says, the cheap ones generally seem to be no good.

Still seems odd if it's exactly 3 presses, or is 3 presses just a guess?

Back