General 2L 20v needs someone to love!

Currently reading:
General 2L 20v needs someone to love!

vickilou

i've got a 2L 20v saloon and i love it. only done 68K miles on a R plate, but i can't afford to get him through the MOT . Is it worth putting it on the classified or should i scrap it!? needs brakepipes, bit of welding, TRE, tyre powersteering pipe!

last time i looked on here there were some Marea fanatics......what would you do?

thankyou.......would anybody still buy an R plate though?

runs out of MOT on the 9th of may! tempted?

Mmmmm 2.0 saloon, yummy, if i had the money i'd buy it, my first marea was an R reg, but the gear box went and detonated on me at the worst of time,

I miss that car so much these days and mine was only a 1.6, i'd keep the saloon my friend, how much welding is needed?

I'd still buy an R reg, and with that amount of miles thats a decent offer!!

How much would you sell it for?

ive got a clio now......great on fuel but i miss the power. the Marea owes me nothing but if no-one wants it it'll have to go for the best scrap price.............take from that what you will!!!!

it needs welding in a couple of places but for those that have the time or know how it'll be a fairly easy project. Cam belt changed last year and baring in mind i've only done 20K in 4 years, thats a good few thousand miles before it needs a new one. i'll try to get a pic on here

ive got a clio now......great on fuel but i miss the power. the Marea owes me nothing but if no-one wants it it'll have to go for the best scrap price.............take from that what you will!!!!

it needs welding in a couple of places but for those that have the time or know how it'll be a fairly easy project. Cam belt changed last year and baring in mind i've only done 20K in 4 years, thats a good few thousand miles before it needs a new one. i'll try to get a pic on here

Find out scrap value, then put it in classifieds for £50 more, :)

If your gonna add photos and stuff do it in the classifieds, then it will be in the right hand side bar on the Marea index. Instead of hidden in a thread.
That and ads in threads are against the rules anyway. :)

Last edited:
Venters you have no idea how much i miss that car :<.

Even my new 1.0 micra is having some issues and needs repairs but financially its hard to do!!

I would love another Marea, it was such a dream car and that 1.6 engine was grunty and powerful man, decent induction setup had it sounding like something it wasnt, but it had the power to back it up too,

Now i think of a 2.0 5 pot marea and i'm drooling, no saloons on autotrader or anything,

Whatever you do though, dont scrap that thing!!, someone will take it eventually (If its not me like lol :p)

Love restoring these mareas, makes me all fuzzy inside :3

if i had a way of getting it home i would buy it sight unseen, and the r plate ones for me are the best as i much prefer the 147 engine over the 155 and the 150, if you were closer i would be giving you some pound notes..... really fancy a saloon, i have had 3 weekend in the 20v vareity and still run a 20v now on a r plate

Just to let you guys know i've bought the marea and saved the marea from the scrap man. i'm mainly on the Cinq forum and love italian cars.

i was hoping to save this one, but after further inspection the welding work required is just too much for me :( was really looking forward to putting it back on the road.

i am considering what to do with it atm do i break her or sell her as she is?

if anyone is interested in parts or the car complete please get in touch via pm

i will be at stanford hall this sunday if anybody needs anything

cheers

Last edited:
I can do the welding myself mate. I think it beyond economical repair tbh.

the welding is more like 4 new floor pans to do it properly. A bit disappointing really as the body is really good.

Last edited:
Is it possible to find the shell of another Marea and use all the bits you have in this new 2.0 you have?

Or possibly a project car of a different sort o_O?

Is it possible to find the shell of another Marea and use all the bits you have in this new 2.0 you have?

Or possibly a project car of a different sort o_O?

Trouble is finding one mate and then getting them to cut out the complete floor, so i can then cut it to fit.

would love to keep it as a project car bud, my intention was a 20VT conversion. But the floor has put me off that for now.

plus i already have 2 other projects ones been on going for years and the other is complete just wont bloody fire up!

currently parked up atm contemplating what to do with it. I was going to polish the car and put it up on ebay.

Are you interested?

Back