Technical 2012 Panda 4x4 twin air NO ELD

Currently reading:
Technical 2012 Panda 4x4 twin air NO ELD

s2bear

Hi All, noob on here but we’ve owned my wife’s Panda since new. Obvs a few things are needing attention now but what a car, love it!
ELD green logo lights up on speedo when ignition on.
pushing ELD button does not illuminate the green LED on the button, nor does it generate the ELD activated message on the display.

History:
I think this was fine until one day my wife tangled her headphone cable up in the steering column and before I was offered a chance to fix that it was taken to halfords where the guy obviously just yanked it, meaning we needed a new steering wheel boss/electronics etc… quite annoying, anyway…
we were getting the ELD, ESC, STOPSTART NOT AVAILABLE messages so I’ve swapped in a new Brake light switch (BIG thanks to knowledge found in here!) and that seems to have solved the yellow error messages.
There is no still no stop start functionality (no error message though) so I tested the battery as it’s mostly a short journey car. Battery 3 yrs old, gave 12.24v which I think is pretty low but the battery shop ran tests and say it’s a good battery (they tested it after a half hour run) - if that’s the case, I’m wondering why no STOPSTART.

Previously there had been an issue where the scuttle drains got blocked, the water built up and dumped down onto the clutch pedal area if you turned hard left - that was sorted ages ago. (Giving you all the entire history here, sorry)

Wondering if there’s a separate fuse or relay which does the stop start and or ELD, that I could test before putting in a new battery?
Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks for letting me in.
S2

Battery is the most obvious but
With your other faults, we’re they cleared from the memory (ghost in the machine stuff) my daughters older one has been saying pretty much the same, yes it was the brake switch, fitted new, I can’t clear warning or associated messages but
Prior to that, wife caught abs sensor on a branch, NOT a big twig, I mean a six inch plus branch complete with smaller branches, twigs and foliage. It stretched the wire and was causing all sorts of intermittent messages and, back wehn my code reader worked, managed to clear
Prior to that, I stuck mine in a bog, back out other side and the car looked like an upside down cake, all sorts of messages, suck as lock, abs, hillholder etc unavailable, a very good pressure wash underneath cured that

Hmmm, thanks for that. Will check the faults have been cleared on the Carisat then get the battery done and will report back. There’s not quite enough space here to list all the things our panda has been ‘caught on’. 🤣 but 6” branch would be a new personal best - well done!

The car didn’t get caught, she brought the branch all the way down the track with it jammed underneath, she said, and I quote, ‘I didn’t think it was that big’, not sure whether to take that as a compliment

Twin air, doesn't sound like a 169?

The obvious first cause of action is to read the code direct from the BSI

Unfortainly a cheap generic engine scanner will not work for this

I don't know Carisat and if it will read the body computer with the correct adaptors

Last edited:
Twin air, doesn't sound like a 169?

The obvious first cause of action is to read the code direct from the BSI

Unfortainly a cheap generic engine scanner will not work for this
Have I put this in the wrong section?

I don't know for sure 2012 was the swap over year for the new shape

This is the older shape section
sorry, I put it in the Panda (Mk3) section as I thought 2012 onwards was MK3. We bought it new in late 2012 early 2013 anyway (62 plate) and it's a twinair 4x4. says FIAT cars > Panda > Panda (Mk 3) at the top of the page. is there a Mk 4?

I don't know for sure 2012 was the swap over year for the new shape

This is the older shape section

As far as I know the twin air wasn't fitted to the old shape
I think I’ve caused confusion, it’s my comparison with 169 door trims fixings change to ensure you get it right for 319, your version

Calling the Panda 169 a "Mk 3" is very confusing. It's high time we went back to the nomenclature everyone understands. Mk1, Mk1A (classic), Mk2 (169), Mk3 (319), etc.

Calling the Panda 169 a "Mk 3" is very confusing. It's high time we went back to the nomenclature everyone understands. Mk1, Mk1A (classic), Mk2 (169), Mk3 (319), etc.
I like the ‘etc’ do you have inside knowledge of what Fiat are upto, if so, can’t you go sort them out?!?

The Forum used to have "Mk2" for the 169 Panda. For some reason the purists ignored sub marks (as used on Panda Mk1 and Punto Mk2) so we are now completely confused. I used "etc" to mean whatever Fiat choose to use for the next Panda. If they ever make one. I (obviously) dislike how it's done now but don't expect to see things change.

Edit Actually its Punto Mk2/2b So it should be Panda Mk1/1b. My mistake but see what happens when the established system is messed about with.

There over 6 people here with the similar fault

One had a software update but nobody else updated the thread

Probably connectng to the body computer using proper diagnostic software would point you in the right direction

As the system uses the ABS a brake fault could mess the system up

These are the fuses for the 169 ELD

Screenshot_20230524_221320.jpg
Screenshot_20230524_221404.jpg

Thanks for this. we have the 3rd Generatiion (end 2012) so I’m guessing the fuses will be in different locations but at least I know it must have one somewhere. I’m figuring the battery must be the culprit despite it being tested as ok, as the Stop/Start doesn’t work. I’d have thought I’d at least get a button LED light up followed by ELD unavailable message in the current state (no pun intended) though. I’ll report back.

Back