Scudo 2010 2.0 hdi

Currently reading:
Scudo 2010 2.0 hdi

Dosser7

Had my belt snap on my 2010 Scudo so I purchased a second hand engine from up north.The garage done a new belt, service & new turbo on the new (second hand) engine. All other bits were taken off the old engine now the van starts first time but the engine will not rev up pass 1700rpm. It will sit there as long as you want just on tick over but will not rev. Since this the garage put the injectors in from the second hand engine and its the same. Put a scanner on the van no fault codes ? Any advise please :bang:

Had my belt snap on my 2010 Scudo so I purchased a second hand engine from up north.The garage done a new belt, service & new turbo on the new (second hand) engine. All other bits were taken off the old engine now the van starts first time but the engine will not rev up pass 1700rpm. It will sit there as long as you want just on tick over but will not rev. Since this the garage put the injectors in from the second hand engine and its the same. Put a scanner on the van no fault codes ? Any advise please :bang:

Hi,
generally there are sensors built in that are all coded as a set.. you SHOULD have been ok, as you tried to swap all the original parts.
when you say a scanner - is that JUST a code reader.. or something that can do more..
sometimes you have to do a "relearn" to get all the sensors back in sync.

just general info.. NOT Scudo specific;)

Charlie

The scanners used was a Snap-On Modis and a Launch. What do you mean by "Relearn" I will pass it on to my garage.Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Back