Technical 2006 Fiat Ducato X244 Turbo Charger Boost Control Solenoid

Currently reading:
Technical 2006 Fiat Ducato X244 Turbo Charger Boost Control Solenoid

Alwaysared

Can any one tell me where the Turbo Charger Boost Control Solenoid is located on my 2006 Fiat Ducato X244 please? I've searched this forum and Google but all it comes up with is how to clean it but I can't find any reference to the actual location of it.
I'm stuck in Portugal with the engine ticking over at 1500 rpm then 2500 rpm and the following codes have come up using my basic OBD reader.
P1351 Pre Heater Relay (4 times)
P053C PCV Heater "A" control circuit
P0045 Turbo/Super Charger Boost Control "A" Circuit Open
I'm assuming it's the P0045 code that's causing the problem although when I actually driving along there is no apparent los of power? But as the P0045 is considered a very high risk (according to my searches) code I think I need to check the simple things like wiring etc. which I would do if I could find the damn thing 🤔 The engine light does come on intermittently buthasn't stayed on yet. Is it safe to drive or should I call a breakdown service?
Any help is appreciated (y)

Regards,
Del

Can any one tell me where the Turbo Charger Boost Control Solenoid is located on my 2006 Fiat Ducato X244 please? I've searched this forum and Google but all it comes up with is how to clean it but I can't find any reference to the actual location of it.
I'm stuck in Portugal with the engine ticking over at 1500 rpm then 2500 rpm and the following codes have come up using my basic OBD reader.
P1351 Pre Heater Relay (4 times)
P053C PCV Heater "A" control circuit
P0045 Turbo/Super Charger Boost Control "A" Circuit Open
I'm assuming it's the P0045 code that's causing the problem although when I actually driving along there is no apparent los of power? But as the P0045 is considered a very high risk (according to my searches) code I think I need to check the simple things like wiring etc. which I would do if I could find the damn thing 🤔 The engine light does come on intermittently buthasn't stayed on yet. Is it safe to drive or should I call a breakdown service?
Any help is appreciated (y)

Regards,
Del
Okay forget it, I'm going to stand in the corner and put on a hat with a big D on it :oops:

I've just gone out to put the bonnet down and as I looked at the engine there it was staring me in the face, I'm sure it wasn't there earlier :rolleyes:
Anyone got any suggestions on how I can test it? Can I use a multimeter or something like that? The wiring looks as clean as a whistle.

Regards,
Del

Okay forget it, I'm going to stand in the corner and put on a hat with a big D on it :oops:

I've just gone out to put the bonnet down and as I looked at the engine there it was staring me in the face, I'm sure it wasn't there earlier :rolleyes:
Anyone got any suggestions on how I can test it? Can I use a multimeter or something like that? The wiring looks as clean as a whistle.

Regards,
Del
Oops! I may be getting confused, can someone tell me what this is for:

turboswitch.jpg

I don'think it's what I'm after for my P0045 code :(

Regards,
Del

Last edited:
The picture would appear to be a Bosch manifold pressure and pressure temperature. See attached file.

As regards your original request please advise the forum as to which engine your vehicle has?

Given that info, it may be possible to provide constructive assistance.

Attachments

• Bosch Absolute Pressure Sensor.pdf
    265.7 KB · Views: 50
Sorry
The picture would appear to be a Bosch manifold pressure and pressure temperature. See attached file.

As regards your original request please advise the forum as to which engine your vehicle has?

Given that info, it may be possible to provide constructive assistance.
Sorry it's a 2.8 JTD engine

Regards,
Del

Thank you I will repost in the correct forum

Regards,
Del
Nobody said that you were posting in the wrong forum. If you want assistance, it would help to know the engine type. Presumably 2.0jtd or 2.3jtd, as the 2.8jtd does not have a boost control solenoid.

The 2.8jtd, as above does not have a boost control solenoid. Maximum boost pressure is controlled by a boost pressure operated wastegate actuator.

Del,
Another useful piece of information is whether your engine has EGR. My 2006 2.8jtd does not have EGR, but it was fitted on some vehicles.

Del,
Another useful piece of information is whether your engine has EGR. My 2006 2.8jtd does not have EGR, but it was fitted on some vehicles.
Thank you for that information, I know where that is because it was siezed up when I bought the van, engine light kept coming on when under losd, mainly going up hills.
How would I know if it has EGR? It doesn't have a Catalytic converter if that helps?

Regards,
Del

If EGR fitted will have debimeter/mass airflow meter close to air filter outlet.

Thanks again, I assume that will be between the air filter and the inlet manifold? With wires or pipes on it? Sorry if I sound a bit thick but I'm not very good with this stuff. I'll take a look in the morning, maybe I can take a couple of pictures around the air filter and post them for you to look at?Assuming you'll be around in the morning that this.

Regards,
Del

Thanks again, I assume that will be between the air filter and the inlet manifold? With wires or pipes on it? Sorry if I sound a bit thick but I'm not very good with this stuff. I'll take a look in the morning, maybe I can take a couple of pictures around the air filter and post them for you to look at?Assuming you'll be around in the morning that this.

Regards,
Del
Air flow meter identification - See attachment from eLearn. Tomorrow maybe

Attachments

• Air Flow Meter.pdf
    210.6 KB · Views: 62
Thanks for your time and the PDF, that should be easy enough to find, even for me.

Regards,
Del

Air flow meter identification - See attachment from eLearn. Tomorrow maybe
Okay so this morning I checked and I don't believe that mine has an EGR system, I can see a pipe like the one in the PDF you linked to but it appears to only have a pipe going to it, nothing with any electrical connections. So I decided to take a look at the wastegate lever, I used some grips and moved it backwards and forwards and it was very stiff so with the help of some WD40 I made it move more freely. I started the engine and low and behold the engine light had gone off and the tick over was back at 800 rpm so I decided to carry on with my journey to see what happened and after doing just under 100 miles in the Portugese mountains there is still no engine light on and the tickover is still at 800 rpm so hopefully it will continue to behave so I can get back to Blighty 🤞
Thanks for all your suggestions and especially for pointing out that it doesn't have a turbo charger boost control solenoid because this what prompted me to take look at the wastegate lever (y)

Regards,
Del

Back