Technical 2006 Ducato (244) steering column gaiter

Currently reading:
Technical 2006 Ducato (244) steering column gaiter

digger58

Established member
I have a 2006 244 Ducato, the steering gaiter on the column where it attaches to steering rack is cracked, any suggestions please, Been a while since I was on here and the format seems to have changed a lot, not that easy to navigate around so apologies if the answer is somewhere here but I cant find it. How do I get onto Eper please? TIA

I have a 2006 244 Ducato, the steering gaiter on the column where it attaches to steering rack is cracked, any suggestions please, Been a while since I was on here and the format seems to have changed a lot, not that easy to navigate around so apologies if the answer is somewhere here but I cant find it. How do I get onto Eper please? TIA
No specific model knowledge, however if this is the dust cover/boot that fits over the steering universal joint at the bottom of the steering column where it goes through the floor, I have had many Iveco Daily and other vans etc. that have had no boot cover in that area, also I have never heard of one to attract attention at MOT time either as that joint is quite a well sealed item, many vehicles used to have them under the bonnet exposed to all the weather etc.
However if you are concerned and not able to obtain the correct boot as original, you may find a "universal" steering rack boot which could be fitted to keep the dust away, it would involve disconnecting the steering shaft and column and afterwards making sure it was all realigned correctly etc. so not a five minute job.

Back