Technical 2002 Multipla core plugs

Currently reading:
Technical 2002 Multipla core plugs

I've just had the core plugs changed which were leaking badly. We have 40c and more here and the engine temp now goes up to 6 bars and then drops to zero. It's not going into redlight mode but it does seem very hot. The coolant level is good and the water pump was changed last year.
Any thoughts?

I've just had the core plugs changed which were leaking badly. We have 40c and more here and the engine temp now goes up to 6 bars and then drops to zero. It's not going into redlight mode but it does seem very hot. The coolant level is good and the water pump was changed last year.
Any thoughts?
I am guessing from the having to replace the core plugs that they had rusted through and further guess that due to climate antifreeze is not a high concern, however it also is an anti corrosion agent so important to keep antifreeze strength up whatever the temperature and final guess would be muck and corrosion is blocking the core of the radiator reducing it ability to get rid of the heat.
However the dropping to zero is not a good sign as often means air in coolant which needs urgent sorting also. Hopefully proper bleeding of air from cooling system will help the readings.

I am guessing from the having to replace the core plugs that they had rusted through and further guess that due to climate antifreeze is not a high concern, however it also is an anti corrosion agent so important to keep antifreeze strength up whatever the temperature and final guess would be muck and corrosion is blocking the core of the radiator reducing it ability to get rid of the heat.
However the dropping to zero is not a good sign as often means air in coolant which needs urgent sorting also. Hopefully proper bleeding of air from cooling system will help the readings.
Yes, that sounds right. Thanks, I'll get on it.

Back