Technical 2000 scudo, radio, clock, interior light fault :(

Currently reading:
Technical 2000 scudo, radio, clock, interior light fault :(

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

poniesinpontcanna

Hi there im new on this forum but am looking for help.
Bought a used scudo 2000 1.9 EL.
Good mechanical condition and tidy body work etc.
This weekend i decided that i wanted to change the aftermarket fitted radio for my own which has bluetooth connection for phones etc.
Swap went well and radio was playing through new unit initially.
Decided to fit housing and cage for radio but when fully fitted the radio has gone dead. Replacing the older radio it fires up briefly before automatically turning off.
Have tried with engine running and have also replaced the iso fitting on the wire connectors. Unfortunately i do not have a users manual but have checked the fuse box and replaced one 10 amp fuse (27) which had gone. All the others seemed ok.
Have also noticed dash clock as not working and interior light as no longer working. Ive seen posts that these are all on the same circuit but no idea of fuse number.

Now for the kicker. The van has been fitted with a dead switch, cutting all power from the battery to the van. The previous owner was a "mechanic" and found a parasitic drain on the battery, he replaced a faulty alternator which he suspected. However since owning the van for a couple of weeks i suspect it is a drain elsewhere. At the moment though using the dead switch seems effective.

So im essentially asking if anyone has a fuse box manual for this particular model as i cant find one online?!

And also any thoughts on this dead switch/ drain fault?

Many thanks for your expertise and experience. :slayer:

Have found a pdf of the fuse box and identified fuses 1, 19, 25 as all being used for the radio etc? Will try replacing these fuses tomorrow.

Hi there im new on this forum but am looking for help.

So im essentially asking if anyone has a fuse box manual for this particular model as i cant find one online?!

And also any thoughts on this dead switch/ drain fault?

Many thanks for your expertise and experience. :slayer:

Hi,
so restorng ALL the original radio hasn't helped..??

Punto's can have issues.. check the wiring GUIDEs for them;)

it's a CANBUS system:eek:

glad you found the "downloads", (y)

Charlie - Oxford

So replaced fuses and found that it works fine now. Also the fuses were muddled around a lot. Some weaker and others stronger tolerance levels than used in the manual. Have checked that the fuses match up to the correct circuits and have replaced the lot. Van is running fine, though i have noticed that the drivers door switch for the interior light isnt working. Will probably swap for passenger switch first and then find if its a dud.

Slightly new issue is with the heater unit.
Fan works fine, however temperature slider switch moves either way yet heater is always on hot. Not such a problem at the mo but will suck on the motorway in summer.. have searched through forums for this and found lots of info on the fan itself but not the temperature selector.. Any ideas before i pull the unit out and inspect the slider?

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back