Technical 2.4 Rocker Cover Gasket Replacement

Currently reading:
Technical 2.4 Rocker Cover Gasket Replacement

tsuj

Hi guys,

I've looked high and low for this info but no luck. Does anyone know what pattern to tighten the bolts when fitting a new rocker cover gasket?

Am i right in thinking that they are 9nm each too?

I have some oil up by the coil packs too. Any help on diagnosing this will be appreciated!

Hi guys,

I've looked high and low for this info but no luck. Does anyone know what pattern to tighten the bolts when fitting a new rocker cover gasket?
In the event of no other answer, start in the middle and cross tighten the bolts evenly extending out left and right. Note, it is a cambox cover not a rocker cover.
Am i right in thinking that they are 9nm each too?
9mm is not a standard metric size. Most likely 6mm bolts with 10mm heads, although a lot of FIAT engine bolts have Torq type heads on them.
I have some oil up by the coil packs too. Any help on diagnosing this will be appreciated!
Clearly it's leaking/weeping from somewhere. However with an old car unless the leakage is excessive, just wipe it occasionally and keep it topped up.

In the event of no other answer, start in the middle and cross tighten the bolts evenly extending out left and right. Note, it is a cambox cover not a rocker cover.

9mm is not a standard metric size. Most likely 6mm bolts with 10mm heads, although a lot of FIAT engine bolts have Torq type heads on them.

Clearly it's leaking/weeping from somewhere. However with an old car unless the leakage is excessive, just wipe it occasionally and keep it topped up.
Thanks, that was going to be my plan if i didnt find anything else.

I meant 9nm for the torque of the bolts. It's the only figure ive seen. Cheers!

I meant 9nm for the torque of the bolts. It's the only figure ive seen. Cheers!

My fault entirely, eyesight isn't what it was :oops:.

They're steel bolts into an Aluminium casting so I can't see that they would be very different to any other engine, assuming there are values available for other engines. I usually change to using a 1/4" drive when tightening anything in the 6mm dia range, that way I can't/don't get too ham fisted.

Back